This object is in archive! 

Small grid Solar is not charging batteries or anything in creative, not sure about survival.

Nick shared this bug 21 months ago
Duplicate

Hello I just discovered that the small grid solar is not recharging the batteries on my new small grid design. It only has 2 bars remaining on the 2 internal batts and even when in direct sunlight nothing is being outputted from the panels to the batts and they continue to be used for the ships power. Shouldn't they change the time remaining for the batts from (in my case) 4 days to the symbol - showing there's no time limit currently? This is confusing a bit when working out issues for survival settings.

attached is a simple pic I did for example on the reddit to show, made a new small grid with a panel + batt (not small) + button (no reason really) and the seat. As you can tell even tho the panel is powered the batt is not getting any.

Also included a 2nd pic with my project ship and 15 extra panels still no charge and a 4 day vs - .

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Nick,

thanks for reaching our forum with your problem.

However, I do not see what exactly do you mean, to be honest. When tried on my end (and it's visible as well on the image that you provided), once the battery is fully charged, there is no more to charge.

You can see it on your screen – the battery has all four light green and there is: Max stored power: 1.00 MWh; Stored power: 1.00MWh. Thus there is no more space where to store any more power, even though the solar panel might provide it.

For the lights on the solar panel – it goes like this: all four green, solar panel is perfectly aligned to the sun, if there is only 3 or less green light, it means that there is less sun beams "hitting" the solar panels, so it would decrese the amount of the power, that it could provide at the given time.

Hope this explanation is enough for you. Will close this thread now, as there is really no issue as such now. Not that I can see on your image, nor that I can reproduce on my end in the game.

Also try to check the battery settings in the Control panel. There is Charge mode option. Make sure it is set to Auto or Recharge option.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Oh hey sorry if I was not being clear with the problem, let me explain further. If I have ample power coming from the solar panels and the batt is fully charged there should be no time limit correct? Because all the energy should be supplied from all this solar power, but in creative mode you're making it run from a limitless battery. While this sounds fine it's misleading when trying to adjust your creations power settings for survival using the panels. If the panels are outputting more energy then your ship needs and the batts are full shouldn't it say - and not 4 days?

Thank you for clearing this up.

photo

Hello?

Just wondering if the batt somehow takes priority over the panels always and is supplying the power? And wonder why the panels themselves are not resupplying the batts with the power they use just remaining idle?

photo

Hello, Nick,

Yes, we currently do have issue with priorities over the power sources, as you can see here. However, that seems to affect only the Discharge mode of the battery (obviously in Survival mode). You are speaking about creative mode, right?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Yes this is in Creative not Survival. I just wondered why it would be using the full batts power when limitless free solar was available.

Thanks again I know this's a odd question.

photo

Found a way to show you going to open new ticket

Replies have been locked on this page!