This object is in archive! 

Game crashes upon joining previous online world

Jonas Kruger shared this bug 21 months ago
Won't Fix

Recently, I played SE with my friend in his single player world (settings: online and only friends).

If I attempt to join via the "Continue Game"-button, I get an error that the game no longer exists, and the complete UI vanishes with any input recognition and I am left with the background animation. The only way to fix this is by forcing the game to shut down via Taskmanager and restarting it while avoiding the same as last time.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Jonas,

thanks for letting us know about this issue.

Unfotunately, I'm not able to reproduce it on my side. Everything is working fine and once the game is closed (left by the admin; the player who is running it), and the client (the other player that was only connected to this game), wants to connect again, I got the error, like you do, but after hitting OK button, everything goes back to Main menu as normal. Please see my video.

Can you please share more information? It's only two of you, right? The admin and you. Admin left the game, the game wasn't running on his PC and you attemted to Join. And you got stuck like you are writting. This is all? No other step was taken? Nothing that you did that could possibly trigger the bug? You are playing in Safe or Experimental mode? You are able to play/connect to any other game world? Is only this one affected?

Is this still happening to you, and thus you are no longer able to play together on this world at all, or was it just one time issue?

If it's still happening, can you please try to do the following:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam

Let me know if anythiung from above works. If not, can you also please send me log file from your fame, after you force-close it? You can find the logs in the appdata folder as well.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!