Modding: Teleport doesn't set rotation. No way to "cleanly" rotate a grid

Adam Hall shared this bug 21 months ago
Reported

I know this is a modding issue so maybe it doesn't belong here. But I find it to be a major gap in modding capability and I want to report it. IMyCubeGrid gives a "teleport" method. And it works fine to move the position of the grid. It also takes an "Up" and "Foward" vector which you would think rotates the grid as well. But it doesn't. I looked at the actual source using dnSpy and its not coded too. It seems like a VERY EASY change to make but a modder can't make it.

Bottom line is I don't know how to rotate a grid. I can do SetWorldMatrix() and it moves and rotates it but physics is on when I do so. So the grid goes nuts when its move. Teleport has code in it to disable physics. Again code a modder can't use or even copy it. I tried.

Please can you guys fix issue? A modder should be able to rotate a grid without physics, like teleport does.

Thanks

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Adam,

thanks for bringing this issue up and letting us know.

It was reported into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello. I am wondering if this could be fixed soon? I can't tell you how frustrated it is for the modding I want to do. It halted me form it. I haven't done since I reported this bug. I need to be able to position a grid exactly where I want and have it rotated exactly as well, for example to align with a connector. It cannot be done with this teleport rotation bug. And looking at the de-compiled code I think it is literally a ONE LINE code change. I wouldn't even ask again excepot for these two points on the bug.

Thanks,

Adam Hall

Leave a Comment

Attach a file