• i7 7700k
  • 16GB DDR4
  • 1080ti
  • 3440x1440 (21:9)

Game settings:

• high graphic settings
  • fullscreen

The problem

• White flashing bars appear after a few hours of playing the game. The bars will still appear after closing the game and rebooting the entire PC.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, EselessAqua,

thanks for letting us know.

However, there is ton of errors in your log.

First of all, you got quite lange number of "TryChangeToFullscreen failed"

Please try to fix this one first so we can move a bit closer towards a solution.

You can try to change the window mode in the game in settings, or you can try and check/change it manually in your config file.

In order to locate this file on your PC and change the value manually, do the following:

For this, go to SE folder in Roaming, by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar, you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\. There you should be able to find a SpaceEngineers.cfg file. You can open in using e.g. notepad. Find line 90 and 92, that says

<Key>WindowMode</Key>

<Value xsi:type="xsd:string">1</Value>

By changing the number in line 92, you can change the Fullscreen setting here manually. It goes like: Windowed 0, Fullscreen window 1 and Fullscreen 2. Save the file and try to run the game.

This should make the game run in the window mode that you want and should ease the log from this error spamming.

Once done, you can try our general workarounds:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Hope some of these would work for you. If not, send me please new log file. Also sending me a image from the game would be nice, so I can see what you are really talking about, as it's rather hard to image from the text itself.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!