This object is in archive! 

Game not playing well with my GPU.

Paul Conty shared this bug 21 months ago
Won't Fix

Whenever I try to play the game, it randomly freezes for a while every so often. It doesn't seem to matter what world it is. A steam user (apparantly a developer) going by Dan2D3D suggested it might be my graphics card (Radeon RX 580) not working well in the current version. I'm also sending alt+f11 stats in case they help.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Paul!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Can you please provide a log file from an un-modded world from when this happens? Does changing the graphics quality make any difference at all?

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Un-modded? Maybe that could be it! I'll check!

photo

Hello, Paul!

Yes, mods can cause a wide array of issues. Please let me know how you get on :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Also, is there a way for me to turn off the mods 1 at a time without unsubscribing via workshop?

photo

There's no folder in roaming/SpaceEngineers that says anything about logs. Where are they?

photo

Hello, Paul!

When you go to load game choose edit settings > mods and you can remove all active mods.

The logs are single files which will be a text document saying something like 'SpaceEngineers_2xxxxxx_xxxx' and they are all dated. You would need to supply the one from the relevant time/date :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Here's the log for my most recent game (today). I decided to unsubscribe from the mods, and I'll ask my friend to remind me which ones they were at a later date. The problem is still ongoing, but now I know what log to use.

photo

Hello, Paul!

Please do the following: (I can see for example Windows is not up to date)

• Verify your game files in Steam
  • Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/yZqqrYVZMA2-SDhVMhG57uBqCy90f3HXrVR-qbsBIOGQA2z1oJb9V0l6Yx6ybs7M9JXjJyyN1MdmwhlSS5FnaU7eXwxDfknN0WF0dqrBbdCcB6PPxrJADBOpMUiZv5eB4wbATnWo9_vm9OFEr0pa6A

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Where exactly do I find "VC Redist 2017"? Or is there another way to reinstall it?

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!