This object is in archive! 

Error with the game, it does not allow me to enter the servers.

Daniel Campos Sagredo shared this bug 21 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello, my name is Carlos, I seem to have a problem with the game. when I enter a server, I appear inside the main planet (Earth-like), until today I have not been able to solve it, if you can help me I would appreciate it very much.

(apologies because my English is terrible)

I leave you my game files to check if they find the error.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Carlos,

thanks for reaching our forum regarding your issue.

This issue that you are getting, does it happen only on servers? You are able to spawn and play normally on single player game? How about game in Lobby mode? Does this happen there as well? Or does it affects only DS/official servers? Are you able to play on any server at all, and only one particular has this issue, or all servers have the same symptoms for you?

Can you try to ask server admin (or do it yourself, whether you are admin) to remove your character from the world, once you are logged off? That might force your game/character to spawn normally.

You can try these general fixes first:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as written above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If nothing from above works for you, I can see error "ERROR: Camera entity from checkpoint does not exists!" in your log. It seems that it's more likely to happen when on/near asteroids in time of logging off. So if you eventually manage to get into the game, please try to log off on planets or in space (base, ships) rather far from asteroids.

For some players, it is fixed by simly trying to log in and out couple of times. For some other, it did get resolved by deleting temp and cache folders in appdata.

Next solution is harder to do, but it worked for some players as well:

Locate your Sandbox_config.sbc file in the the world directory (if you are admin and/or have acces to word saves). There you would need to set the following:

<StartInRespawnScreen>true</StartInRespawnScreen>

<EnableAutorespawn>false</EnableAutorespawn>

These options likely already exist in your config, so make sure to update them, not duplicate them. The downside of this is that after doing this, you will respawn each time, so if you have inventory you will lose it, even if you're in a cryopod.

Please let me know if anything from above worked for you or what is the current situation after performing these steps.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, I have tried everything I have been told but I think it is a problem in my country, because with the people I have been able to contact from my country (Chile) tell me I have the same problem, but with people from other countries in the region (Spanish speaking) do not have the same problem, I do not know if it has something to do but I comment to see if anyone else reported it from Chile.

This started to happen a few months ago after an update what I am doing now is trying to download a previous version and hire a server with previous version, I do not know if you can do to download the previous version of a server, if you have any more advice you can give me I would appreciate it, like this I wanted to comment is that I can enter other servers but not FNXgaming, but as they are the best ping in the region are the most contracted.

Even if my problem is not solved I want to thank you for being the only ones who have answered me and tried to solve my problem.

photo

Hello, Carlos,

unfortunately, looking to the FNXgaming page/services/servers (those are down now, right?), and after dabate with my colleagues, I think that since you are able to spawn normally on other servers and game modes (SP, Lobby, DS), you would need to contact them directly and try to fix it on their end, as we are unable to do anything on the server that is theirs.

Please contact FNXgaming directly or try to speak with the admins. Ask if they can delete your character, restart server etc. Hope you will be able to find a solution with them.

Let me know.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!