chat not showing

David shared this bug 21 months ago
Need More Information

chat not showing

renderTimingPixel

DISCUSSION

help I hit something while playing and now my in game chat is not showing and I cant see what others are typing. what did I do? how do I fix it?

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, David,

thanks for reaching our forum with your problem.

First of all, please can you make sure that you have the right key (Enter by default) assigned in settings? (first image)

If yes, and you are still not able to see the chat in game, can you please try to hit Tab couple of times? Tab key is used to switch between HUD visibility settings. There are three stages of how (not) visible the HUD is in game. So if your game looks like shown on the second image (the chat input field is visible, but you are not able to see chat itself; chat history, messages from others), please try to hit Tab and the HUD should be back alongside with chat.

Hope this will help you to resolve your issue. If not, please let me know and try to provide more information; at least screenshot/video of your game (and the issue) would help.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I cant see chat atYukina and frog but i can see other players

photo

Hi there, I'm from the same server and wanted to chime in and help with David's situation.

First off, it's not that he can't see chat, it only seems to be related to certain people for some reason. (So it's not an issue of him pressing tab and/or not having the HUD/overlay on).

What happens is this..

I type a message in-game (not in same faction, doesn't matter whether we are friendly, neutral, enemy) all players, including him see it just fine in-game.

Certain people (Yuki and frogboy1320, for instance) send a message, same way in global/general default chat (the very same way I send my message) and everyone EXCEPT David see it. It doesn't appear in the bottom left chat area, it does not appear in the 'K' menu Comms -Global Chat History-. It's like the message was never sent (well, never received by his client).

I have had him do the steam repair/validate files. He has tried to uninstall and reinstall the game, same result. We have even tried having frog and Yuki type IN the k menu comms global chat just to ensure they weren't in faction chat or something (they are both capable of knowing which chat they are in, lol, just tried to cover all bases.

Hopefully this additional information will help you out in determining what's wrong with David's game / situation.

Regards,

Rooster aka (also) Dave

photo

This issue still exists for me as well. For whatever reason on the private server my friends and I use does not show chat for me or any record of chat. It used to work as I have several GPS points saved from earlier messages but now nothing. Tested several times, reset session, validated files, reinstalled, and all that jazz but nothing. It seems to only effect me on our 6 man lobby. We have no mods installed and are all part of the same faction. The chat is not so much an issue but the gps coordinates aren’t shared either leaving me with a lot of frustration. This is pretty close to a game breaking glitch when mining on an interstellar scale.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file