This object is in archive! 

Enable Safe Zone in timer blocks/sensors and other toolbars

Wellington 6012 shared this feedback 21 months ago
Not Enough Votes

When loading Safe Zone actions into cockpit toolbars, timer/sensor/button actions, cockpit/custom controller actions [after being locked onto], the Safe Zone block only give me actions related to the LCD screen. I would like to be able to enable/disable my Safe Zone automatically using timers, or buttons placed throughout my base. Currently I can only do it by accessing the safe zone in the control panel screen and scrolling down to the enable button, which is difficult to while in a panic state due to a space pirate ship looming. Using a timer/toolbar action to turn ON/OFF the safe zone will enable/disable the zone, if I have enable it during my current session, but the enabled state does carry across to subsequent game loads. I'll don't think this is a bug, rather an omission, which would be great if it could be included, especially now we have the action function for when someone locks onto you.

Replies (3)

photo

Absolutely! I ran into this just recently... first time I ever used a Safe Zone. I was really surprised that it was missing:

* Enable

* Add all contained grids

* Any of the config options (eg: enable weapons, enable landing gear lock, etc.)

There's already a 2 minute startup delay, so it can't be because this would be overpowered.

photo

Im just having the same problem!! I was looking everywhere for someone just asking for this xd

I build a alarm system in my base with a ctc - which when it detactes an enemy, turns the safe zone ON - And when i put the safe zone on ENABLED before, it will load one!

Still im having the same issue, that after sometime it seems to forget that i enabled the safe zone.

Im trying to figure out what causes this, it seems not to be a single server restart i already tested it on a public server, nor is it caused by you being offline and die. maybe its a connection of both or several server restarts - ill try to find out xd

But of course a simple "Enable/Disable Safe Zone" function for the toolbar would solve the issue!

photo

Please add the Enable Safe Zone On/Off setting to the tool bar options.

With the addition of the Automatons update, I have found use of Safe Zone block and the lack of essential controls available on a tool bar for it. As mentioned in the above comments, the need for the Enable Safe Zone On/Off is essential for event activation of the Safe Zone (fully deployed, not just on). I made a demonstration of some of the defensive features from this update in a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqWYPB7BW_Y) however, after subsequent testing on the public servers I noted that the Safe Zone will reset itself to Enable Safe Zone Off; probably after every server restart.

Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file