This object is in archive! 

Game won't start after fresh instalation Win11

Tomáš Kneř shared this bug 22 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello, I just installed SE on my Win11 computer and game just won't start.

I tried to restart a computer, verify game data, and all workarounds that SE team recomends... including renaming Videos folder in appdata, also reinstalling the game and installing .Net framework fixes and versions from your site.58d7087a5ec6d90323b8757305fd620f

cpu: Ryzen 5 2600x

gpu: RTX2060

ram: 16GB 3333MHz

Replies (7)

photo

Log file

photo

Hello, Enginer!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Unfortunately, the game is not currently supporting Win11, so using it for playing can result in various issues. I have outlined our steps to take with issues and also found a similar issue via Reddit :)

• Verify your game files in Steam
  • Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/VxdxHCd8sCQKf8-ejr7xc5fd0dUIIrVrubPbxHEFFvqqZhRZl0DOTTuxWnFU1N1mrgZHHgFWxrbPfCuwsCslLSOtaJe-hDni_00m2A0w4-hWevBkr_KIDFbpa1XlpYmXv6TBM-5hXfBb0mF9TA

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

There is a line in the log which also users from Elite Dangerous experienced. They solved this by downloading Vc redist 2015-2019 here: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/k1cpem/weird_error_message_unable_to_load_dll/ As you can see, in the steps mentioned above one of ours is regarding vc redist

Please let me know how you get on

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Thank's for reply, but nothing works for me...

I didn't even find any .cfg file and Shader casche was empty.

When can we expect official Windows 11 suupport ?

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Have you tried all the steps? Is the file simply not there? I would suggest another re-install. Do you have the option to revert back to Windows 10?

Did you test the Reddit thread? We also had a similar issue here: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/steam-version-eossdk-shipping-dll-error

We are still in an evaluation period for Windows 11 support.

Kind Regards,

Laura, QA Department

photo

Yes, I have tried to Verify data again, and download VC redist 2015-2019 and removed the appdata folder.

I will try to reinstall the game 2nd time but I don't think that it will make a difference.

Yes there is not any .cfg file in the appdata - SE. folder and shadercasche2 is there but empty.

I could roll back to Win 10 eventually, but I don't really want to 😅, I'm trying to get working GPU passtrought in HyperV Windows 10 VM.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for the information. Now that is has been 20 days, have you seen any improvement or/reverted back to Windows 10?

Kind regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

The game works on other computer with Win 11 so I'll just reinstall windows, but I'm currently out of reach.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for the update, please let us know how you get on :)

Kind regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!