Sensor doesn't detect Asteroids

Ruggero Barone shared this bug 22 months ago
Reported

Hello, the option for a sensor to detect Asteroids it is not working. I created a probe that should stop when a sensor detect an Asteroid in front but it never happens, the sensor can't dectect it while works well detecting other constructions.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Ruggero!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I have been testing this and have found that this does work. We also have outstanding tickets which relate to asteroid detection https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/sensor-triggered-far-from-ground for example.

Are you running any mods at all? if so, please test this in a totally un-modded world. If the issue still persists, please provide an un-modded world or blueprint for testing.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello,

ok, I will follow these steps as soon as I've some time.

The world I'm using is the empty world with no mods and limited so shouldn't be issue about this.

The sensor is set to detect forward 50m the rest 10m. When testing with an asteroid there is no detection neither sound while in the same world the sensor can detect normally other ships or debris

photo

Hello, Ruggero!

If you could please do so, that would be a great help. I have not been able to reproduce the issue and see you have mentioned no mods are involved.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello Laura,

I can't understand, I replied to your first message including a file with the world and all the explination and now I can't see it anymore my message.

I try to reupload the file here but I used lot of time also to write all the steps and now that message is gone...

photo

In the world I added a GPS position in green that indicates the asteroids that is having the issue.

The probe is pretty simple, you can seat on the platform which should be on your left side to increase the range of the antewnna which is already set.

Take control of the Probe and on the Control Tab #2 Activate the thrusters, switch to off the Stockpile from the HYD Tank.

On the Control Tab 1# the camera is the Forward camera you can use to point to the asteroid. Then you can use the control to override the Gyro that should be 9. After that you can simply activate the Timer Block which should be number 4. When it will be activated the forward thrusters will be override and the backward will be deactivated. The Probe will accelerate for about 19 seconds to reach a speed between 40 to 50 m/s then the sensor will be activated and the antenna deactivated so you will lose connection. When the Probe will be 50m from the asteroid or anything else it reactivate the bacward thrusters to stop and reactivate the antenna so you can see it again. All this it always work with anything except with some asteroid. On a server I'm playing it is actually working but time to time and in this world I passed you it doesn't. If you need anything else let me know, I hope this can help to find the root cause of the issue.

photo

Hello, Ruggero!

Thank you for the save file. Have you tested replacing the sensor? When I started the save, the sensor is red. Either underpowered/off etc. I have simply replaced the sensor and it seems to be working as I would expect. Could you please try this?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo
photo

Hello, the sensor was supposed to be off, the timer block that starts 19 seconds after the first one will turn it on and when it is on it detect everything except that asteroid

photo

Hello, Ruggero!

Unfortunately, we still aren't able to reproduce this issue.

May I ask if you are still experiencing the issue? It would be a great help if you could share a screen record/video where you can experience this issue.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello,

passed 2 months already, I didn't use anymore that World, for sure the problem is still there. I also can tell you that the problem may happen time to time on different Worlds and I don't know what is the root but once a World is affected by it it will be always present. In a new World generally the system more or less works.

I also experienced something to me strange playing on a server.

It is not clear what happens when a remote controlled drone is far. I can see that until I keep it in control sensor is working even from far away as far as the antenna range is with the limit but if I send the drone to somewhere automatically the drone at some distance vanishes. Sometime after it vanishes it appears again when the asteroid has been reached and the sensor stopped it sometimes instead it just stop to work. The limit on the distance for devices working on a grid is something horrible, it reduces enormously what people can create and one of the reasons sometimes I don't find interesting to play.

photo
photo

Hello, Ruggero Barone,

I am sorry for the long wait. I tested the bug again and I successfully reproduced it and reported it into our internal system.

Thank you for the save and your patience.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file