Meteor Craters yield nothing

Devin Smith shared this bug 22 months ago
Reported

I've been experiencing this issue with meteor craters where I mine the resource and nothing comes out, it's as if I'm drilling with right-click instead of left-click.

The only reference to this issue I could find is in a steam forum here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/search/?q=meteors+with+nothing+in+them&gidforum=810938082233396709&include_deleted=1

That is exactly what I'm dealing with.

Please advise. Thanks.

Best Answer
photo

Hello, Devin,

thanks for your reply and for providing the save file. I was able to spot there what did you meant and then reproduce it on my own as well on other save(s).

Since this issue – both parts – has been successfully reproduced, I did put it into our internal system as an issue.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Devin,

thanks for letting us know.

I just want to make sure what your issue really is at this point.

While most likely, I did reproduce it, I'm bit confused what exactly you meant, so to speak. Whether I reproduce whole issue, or just part of it. Can you please share me more information?

When I approach the crater after meteor impact and I start to drill, there are no stones comming from the drilling. It's behaving as I would be using RMB and just chopping the ground/soil away without any stones as resources. Did you meat this?

Or did you mean also that you are unable to find there – and mine – any recources at all? I still can get others like: ice, gold etc. Did you mean ores as well? Are you able to get these from the impact craters?

Thanks in advance for clarifying.

If it's the first part, I will report it internally right away. If you mean also other resources (ores) can you please share me your save file, where this can be observed, so I can see and try it on my own?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello,

On most craters it happens where the ore and the stone BOTH are not produced, I've found that the ones you mentioned, ice and gold, almost always produce ore for pickup, but when it comes to more valuable resources, such as uranium or platinum, MAYBE 1 in 8 voxels produce anything. I will attach my save file for reference. Sometimes an ore like Uranium is detected in a crater, and I drill out an entire 10 sqm area yielding nothing.

Thank you for your help.

Devin

photo

To add, the ore detection for Uranium will disappear during this process indicating I "mined" the resource.

photo

Looking through settings, I found an option "Revert Voxel Materials". Could this have anything to do with the problem?

photo
photo

Hello, Devin,

thanks for your reply and for providing the save file. I was able to spot there what did you meant and then reproduce it on my own as well on other save(s).

Since this issue – both parts – has been successfully reproduced, I did put it into our internal system as an issue.

Kind Regards

photo

Excellent, thank you for this. I have also run into this issue and was lamenting having to go through many dozens of saves to find the one that had them. It seems to be around 20%-30% of the craters (on my asteroid) from meteor impacts will indicate a resource, but that resource won't actually be present or available via hand drill or block drill. If you mine out a huge area, eventually the indicator will vanish.

Note that if the ore is visible, you will be able to mine it. In all cases where I've seen this happen, there hasn't been any visible ore on the surface.

One user replied in the Steam forums that they were able to mine the air above the crater to get the minerals - I'm not sure if this might be a clue. I was not able to reproduce that though.

photo

Hi, there. I have the very same bug. Everything which is described here is occurring in my self hosted game as well. I play with another friend and my PC and Bandwidth are not struggling at all. So I figured it must be a nasty bug that is hard to remove or to fix. This is my first time playing in survival and it is affecting the game play massively. We need those rare ores to progress, but they get "deleted" instead of mined. I also started streaming and this is the game I am playing. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if we should keep playing further if the bug is persistent and not fixable, because the more we build and spent time in the server, the more it would be a bummer to be forced eventually to close the server. Especially if we don't know what causes the bug. If we can't predict where and why it occurs, it can just happen again randomly.

If you have any information to get to a solution here, please let me know.

Kind regards.

photo
photo

Hello,

Has there been any update against this issue?

Regards,

Devin

Leave a Comment

Attach a file