This object is in archive! 

Game crashes to desktop while joining the server

Rooster Cockins shared this bug 22 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello. My game crashes to desktop most of the times when im trying to join Ru1 Keen official server. It seems like other servers are ok. But im not sure, i just joined only once and they work. 1 out of 10 tries it may or may not join. I restart the game after every server restart to keep game from lagging. it works for me(I dont know why does game start lagging after server restart). But after rejoining the server it starts to crash. please solve this problem.

I screenshot last thing i see before it crashes.

Sorry for bad english.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. I have just joined the server and didn't experience issues that you have mentioned. I can also see a number of people playing in the server currently. Is this something that has only just started happening?

Please can you supply a log file from a crash to desktop?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Thank you much for help, i think this is the log file that was created right after the crash

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for this. It appears that there is no exception or crash in the log. Is this definitely crashing all the way to the desktop? If so, would you be able to either check the log that it is the correct one or, provide a log from your Windows event viewer at the time of a crash?

Kind Regards,

Laura, QA Department

photo

Here this i copied from windows event log

photo

Here these i copied from the windows event log

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for these :)

I would suggest the following:

• Verify your game files in Steam
  • Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know how you get on :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!