This object is in archive! 

INVINCIBILITY: Safe Zone effects can be applied to any grid using connectors. (v1.201)

shiftyshadow shared this bug 22 months ago
Duplicate

Playing multiplayer, on a Windows 10 Pro setup. This bug was discovered on one of the Keen official servers. With this bug you can make ships invincible and still able to fly, shoot, and many other VERY problematic combinations. :(

Steps To Reproduce (very easy)

1) Create a station with a safe zone and a connector.

2) Set the safe zone radio box settings to whatever you want (no grinding, welding, damage), and turn it ON.

3) Make the safe zone barely reach the end of the connector, but not extend past it. (Rectangular safe zones make this easy.)

4) Attach any ship (large or small grid) to the connector without entering the safe zone.

While connected, the ship will act as if it is in the safe zone.

5) Disconnect the ship and move it away from the safe zone.

The ship will now act as if it is still in the safe zone, no matter where you take it. (It will have whatever settings you had your safe zone set to with the radio boxes.) This will persist until the server restarts. I didn't test in single player but I assume if you stop and start the world that will also fix it.

I assume what is happening is that when the ship is attached it registers as within the safe zone because it is attached to something that is clearly inside. Then as soon as it detaches it no longer has any part in the safe zone, so it doesn't ever cross the boundary to exit the zone. Thus it never updates its settings accordingly. The trigger to update settings is bypassed.

To resolve this it may be easiest to add a check (to see if the ship is still in a safe zone) to the connector unlock algorithm.

Found this bug trying to reproduce what I thought was something else so I made this new topic, hope that's ok. Here's the link to the other topic:

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/25252-hand-grinder-not-working-on-grid-grid-cannot-be-converted-to-station-game-version-1-201

This topic should be closed if that one is resolved, and vice versa.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for providing this. Could you please add this information to the original thread in a comment so there are not two posts?

I will mark this one as a duplicate.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Interesting that you would mark the report with the accurate title as a duplicate. I can understand that maybe the first one made gets priority, but the fact that you asked me to do something which was already done suggests that you didn't even check the other post yourself. That's some high quality support right there. XD

photo

Hello, Engineer!

My colleague asked on the original thread to retest or provide us with reproduction steps and a video. This should be done in the original thread so we can keep everything together for linking purposes in the back office if the issue is reported.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

It was already done in the original when you asked me to do it in the original the first time. This makes me think you still haven't looked at the original.

photo

The original thread seems to have been lost in the back office. Might want to check it some day.

Replies have been locked on this page!