This object is in archive! 

Projectiles are not flying where you aim (1.201.013 Default version). (Steam branch)

Dennis shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

When i play multiplayer on official keen servers, the guns are behaving very strange. Guns like gatlings or autocannons shoot just fine towards the direction where i aim, but heavy guns like railguns, artillery and assault cannons are mostly shooting in a random direction even if the ship is staying still. there is a chance of only around 20% that these guns will shoot towards the direction where i aim. this happens only in multiplayer, even if my ping is very good and even if there are no server issues like lag or bad connection. This issue happens in every ship that i use but i will still upload one of my ships for testing how the different types of guns behave. (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2818292197) link for my fighter

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Dennis!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Is this only on the Keen servers? have you tried any others? Do you also get this if you launch your own server? or even via lobby?

Could you please provide a video of this happening? I have tried to reproduce the issue but everything continues to fire as expected. I tested everything on your blueprint. Auto cannon, Railgun, Gatling gun & Assault cannon, none shot where I didn't expect them to. You mention that this is happening 90% of the time but I didn't experience this once. Has this only just started happening?

I have had a look on the official Discord and haven't seen others mention this. Are you aware if anyone else is experiencing the same behavior? Any extra information would be really helpful as I need to reproduce the issue to report it.

Kind regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello again, this bug is not happening if you are hosting a server or playing in single player. This is happening only in multiplayer and if you play on keen officials, it can be easily encountered. I am playing on UK 1 mostly and it always happened since i started to play. Other players seem to be fine even if their ping is 4 times worse than mine.

photo

Hello, Dennis!

Thank you for the information, if you could please provide a video so we can see exactly what is going on from your side. Could you also clarify what your internet speeds are?

Kind regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello once again, the internet speed is 50 ms constantly and the ship stands completely still. here is the video of how it looks like:

photo

Hello, Dennis!

It could be a desync issue. Do you do anything specific which triggers this each time? You say it's quite often, I appreciate it may be completely random for you but if there is anything you can think of that triggers it, please let us know :) Is it only happening on UK1?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!