Turrets dont shoot with copy target functuin on dedicated server

Silent1 shared this bug 23 months ago
Solved

a ship with grouped turrets (assault and artillery) wont shoot if u lock target and use copy target

even under 800 meters if u forgot target they only shoot under 800 meters. befor last update it was possible to make them shoot with shoot once command now if they dont shoot nothing will make them shoot it happens like 90 percent of the time.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Pooyan n!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I have been looking at this and have been unable to reproduce the issue. I am unsure if this is due to the scenario I have created/ship choice or, that you say this is not happening every time (all be it 90% so I would expect to see it) Do you have any mods running on the server? If so, could you please remove these and re-test this? If you are not running any mods, could you please supply a save file with reliable steps to reproduce the issue? This would probably be the easiest way to help me reproduce the issue you're facing :)

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

the problem wont happen in single player only on server so i dont think the problem is in savefile (also i dont have Access to server save file ) rather is in how client and server communicate and i dont think there is any mod in the server im playing its vanila

photo

Ok after some testing we found out that the target ship must have subgrid inside with cover so the targeting find the subgrid and lock it since its covered the turrets wont shoot it and wont bother to target the parent grid.

photo

Hello, Pooyan n!

Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate you can't send the save file if it is on the server that you do not have access to, do you have an example blueprint of the affected ship that I could test?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

how can i send it without everyone see it ?

photo

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/25222-1-201-013-turrets-dont-target-mechanically-connected-subgrids-when-using-copy-target

this person better describe the bug than me i can provide the bp too if there is way to send it privatly

photo

Save for dedicated server where bug is reproduced and associated blueprints.

Grid without rotor should be targetable with copy target and grid with rotor should be not.

photo
photo

Laura, this can be reproduced on any keen official server.

Sometimes on other dedicated servers also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dam0Qq-zzh4

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Thank you so much for the information. With the use of rar61's save file and blueprints, I have successfully reproduced the issue and reported this internally.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers!

We're happy to inform you that the upcoming "203" update contains a fix for the bug you have reported. Thank you for taking your time to inform us about this issue and making Space Engineers better.

If you are still experiencing the bug on the new version, please let us know by commenting here or opening a new thread.

We are closing this thread as "Solved".

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file