This object is in archive! 

Crashing to Desktop on Startup

Connor Follin shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Hello, so after taking a hiatus from playing Space Engineers, I decided to get back into playing, but when I tried to startup the game, it kept crashing to desktop when it would reach the main menu, like it would spend roughly 5 seconds on the main menu but unfortunately crash to desktop. I have reinstalled SE, verified integrity of the cache, reinstalled DX11, updated my drivers, but I cannot unfortunately activate anything on the menu and it continuously crashes to desktop.

Computer Specs: Windows, Intel i7-6700k CPU @4.00 GHz, 16gb of RAM, Z170I GAMING PRO AC (MS-7980), NVIDIA GTX 1660Ti

Replies (3)

photo

I'm crashing after the world loading and being in world about 30 seconds with an error saying my video card has crashed by either overheating or drivers are out of date, neither of which is true. GTX 1070.

photo

Hello, Connor!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Can you please provide a log file from when this happens?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello Laura,

Attached are both the DirectX11 Render Log and the Log as well.

photo

Hello, Connor!

Thank you for this. The Space Engineers log isn't showing an exception or crash. Is it actually crashing fully to the desktop? Not just closing but crashing?

I would suggest trying the following firstly then once they are all complete, please provide a log from your windows event viewer.

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/gdJbQ9JK40XYrxCYIfIKBnVmbg9xBQpsdc76cZ-xTZZAWpirxwb01MWYf5Nb_1gKTCqbdqMXxbAHPnuT_8lqHs2NS-eH6FWdqt-gbgEDfqV4ALvloyAT8RwWSZt4UFif7NonhiMQ1xVsI7jwHQ

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Unfortunately I have done all of that, verified integrity of cache, deleted .cfg and ShaderCache (for some reason it was ShaderCache2), backed up SE, restarted both steam and my PC, reinstalled VC redist 2017, reinstalled the game, and my graphics. I managed to get to the main menu and click through all the introduction alerts, but closed and returned to desktop almost immediately. The logs:

photo

Hello, Connor!

Thank you for letting me know. Could you please provide a log from your windows event viewer?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

4fe447e5c0c50b5cbfccb6025314b80fAs you can see from the picture, the following activated when I started up SE from 5:22 AM to 5:24 am.

From the bottom to the top the errors are: The Open procedure for service "ESENT" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\esentprf.dll" failed with error code Access is denied.. Performance data for this service will not be available.

The Open procedure for service "Lsa" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\Secur32.dll" failed with error code Access is denied.. Performance data for this service will not be available.

The Open procedure for service "MSDTC" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtcuiu.DLL" failed with error code The system cannot find the file specified.. Performance data for this service will not be available.

Then the first red error is: Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.

Unable to open the job object \BaseNamedObjects\WmiProviderSubSystemHostJob for query access. The calling process may not have permission to open this job. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.

The Open procedure for service "WmiApRpl" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll" failed with error code The device is not ready.. Performance data for this service will not be available.

Then the last red error at 5:24am is [which is probably most relevant]: Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1706, time stamp: 0x458acb5b

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000002f829

Faulting process id: 0x3a08

Faulting application start time: 0x01d87a586405f4d0

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Bin64\SpaceEngineers.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 2cca0b71-b114-4dca-b5bd-203bcd47ed0b

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

photo

Hello, Connor!

Thank you, I see the kernel error now :)

Please do the following 2 steps, this should help but please let me know!

• Add -skipintro into the game launch options
  • e85fc09208b68680cbcd2eda56e923f4
  • Renaming / Deleting "\Steam\SteamApps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Videos" folder

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!