This object is in archive! 

Unsupported stations not working as intended

Ghostface shared this bug 23 months ago
Duplicate

hey, i have a problem with the "unsupported stations" feature.

the option should work as follows:

- if there is no collision with voxels in grid bounding box and you convert the grid to a station, divided grids will be always static

- if there is collision with voxels detected only max 1024 block splits might be converted to dynamic grid

i tried building a hangar with a large door that merges when closed. Everything works as expected when the hangar is "floating" in space. When i copy and paste the hangar onto an asteroid everything works well, too. But when i reload the savegame or build the hangar from the beginning on the asteroid, the unmerged grid won't turn dynamic.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Ghostface,

thanks for letting us know.

I seems not to be able to reproduce your issue. Can you please provide more information?

Anything that you can provide will help me. Can you provide exact steps? Video of this issue happening? A save file? Please try to provide all of these, so I have your exact game settings (save), know what to do (steps) and also see what you are doing (just for a chance you miss something in the steps because it doesn't feel necessary to write there).

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Okay, here we go.

I built a hangar with a large door that merges to be airtight. The hangar is built into an asteroid so it has collision with a voxel. Normally if i unmerge the door it should open up, but in this case the door itself won't turn dynamic and stays stational. But when i copy and paste the hangar onto that asteroid erverything works as expected.

photo

Hello, Ghostface!

Thanks for the shared information.

After investigating it, it seems that this issue is a duplicate of this.

I'll mark this thread as duplicate. Please follow the shared thread for any new information, comments, and possible fixes coming soon.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!