This object is in archive! 

Error in saving. The world is damaged

Имя Фамилия shared this bug 22 months ago
Won't Fix

Good afternoon! I was creating a system for a new gaming session. I played for a while. Saved it. The next day, the download failed. Writes about a damaged world. I want to figure out why this happened and how to fix it. It is important, because if this happens with a lot of progress, it will be a big loss. Please help. In the attachment is the save file of my world. I used mods, so please don't just write that mods are guilty. I am 100% sure that mods are to blame. I want to find solutions. Thanks. In particular, I ask for help, how can I view the .vx2 file

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Engineer,

thanks for letting us know.

However, sadly, I was not able to make the save working again trying various workarounds/fixes that work most of the time :-(

Even when I deleted all mods from the save, I was still not able to run the world you provided. But anyway... as you probably know, just deleting mods might not delete/revert everything that they changed. So it's always better for us to provide saves without mods.

Sadly you have not provided any backup (in save in backup file) of the world. That way I could try to find last working copy of the world. Do you have backup folder there in you game/appdata folder and you just didn't sand it? That might help to backtrack in this problem. If you are not using the backup option, I do not know exactly how to help you.

Still you might want to try these advices as something from it might work on your end.

• Verify your game files in Steam – right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Let me know if anything from above worked for you or you are able to locate the backup files and try to run the game from those.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Good afternoon! The only problem I have is with this save. All the backups that I had in my folder also don't work, so I didn't send them. It seemed to me that such a situation would help in finalizing the fault tolerance of the game and give other players a chance not to get into a similar situation with the latest progress. My goal is to create not just a Space Engineers world with several planets, but to create several constellations at a distance of 1-10 light seconds, as well as to add new star systems for exploration during the game. But this may serve as a new similar error.

photo

Hello, Engineer,

so, unfortunally, since the official workarounds and fixes are not working, (for you, as well for me – tried some other today on your save) I fear that I'm not able to help you in the current state.

There are some non-official workarounds and fixes you can find on the internet, but as they are not official, and not supported/approved by us, we strongly recommend not doing these. Or be very cautious while doing so and to understand that you are doing so on your responsibility.

It's always better to run the game without mods and custom changes. That is the best way how we can guarantee that the game will be running and functioning as it should.

Sorry I could not help you more.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!