This object is in archive! 

Can't load previous save

Digin TehPigin shared this bug 22 months ago
Won't Fix

I am unable to consistently recall my previous save file, the game tends to show the one I was playing on before it. I have wiped all data associated with the game and uninstalled it several times, but the problem persists.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Digin TehPigin,

thanks for letting us know.

However, I found hard to understand what exactly is your problem. Can you please elaborate more what is exactly happening?

So... you have some save (new? older?) that you played on... saved it, and... what happened then? Is it only one single save file/world, or do this happen with multiple worlds/saves you have?

You are not able to find this save at all in the game? In Load menu, or do you mean the Continue button in the Main menu?

Was it single player game? Game in Lobby mode? Dedicated server, any other online mode?

Are you able to find the save file on you PC among the save files?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Is the save file there? In the SteamID folder, or do you have also other folder there named "1234567891011"?

If is't the other option, than the saves are saved only localy and you were playing on Steam in Offline mode.

So please can you answer these questions? Plus any other information that you can share (or if you would have reliable steps to reproduce) would be great!

If you have one (or multiple) save(s) that you can share to me, so I can try and see it on my own, please do so as well. The path to the saves is written above. Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!