This object is in archive! 

Station Keeps Moving - Help!

Mikel Monleón shared this bug 23 months ago
Won't Fix

World: Star System

Private Server (hosted by HostHavoc)

Modded (though the issue began when it was still vanilla)

I've tried with station voxel support both on and off, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.The grid is large, about 50-100 meters wide, and it intersects an asteroid, so it should definitely be locked in place.

My station (and I double-checked that it's not a ship) will have moments where it'll just spasm, and offset itself by several meters, often getting destroyed in the process.

It'll specifically happen whenever I'm removing a block, and it seems to be random which block causes the shifting, (but most often than not, it's the blocks closest to the asteroid that will cause the glitch when they're removed). I downloaded the save file from the server and the problem still occurs offline.

Here is the world save: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2803872293

Any idea what could be causing this? and is there a way to prevent this from happening again?

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Mikel!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I appreciate the issue happened previously in an un-modded world but I would really need to see a world that has had no mods in rather than the one provided. We do not provide support for mods as these can cause a wide array of issues. Please provide a save file where mods have not been involved.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I removed the mods for you. Should still be the same link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2803872293

photo

Hello, Mikel!

Thank you for this. I have removed a block a couple of blocks away from the asteroid and notice the whole station then comes away from the asteroid with a small shake and drifts. Is this what you have been experiencing? This sounds similar to your explanation. I know there are no longer mods involved but have you experienced this on other saves where mods were not originally involved at all?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hi Laura,

Yes, that's exactly what was happening.

The issue did start occurring before I added any mods, I might have a save without any mod involvement if you want to see it.

But I was able to fix the issue. I ended up going into creative mode, deleting the station and placing it back exactly where it was. That seems to have fixed it. There was some initial odd behavior when I placed the station back, where It would move slowly but stay in place. Placing thrusters on it and then converting it back into a station fixed that issue though.

I am curious though, what do you think was causing this?

photo

Hello, Mikel!

Thank you for the information. If you happen to have a save file without mod involvement, it would be great as I can report the issues and have mods definitely ruled out. I'm afraid I don't know but if I can reproduce and report it, we may find out/ produce a fix :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!