This object is in archive! 

Searching for a server de-authorize my media converter

Arild Nagel-Dahl shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

So .. This is the weirdest thing I've ever encountered, and I hope someone can shed a light on a fix for me.

Searching for a multiplayer server actually crashes my media converter on my fiber network.

I have no clue why, and I honestly don't know what kinda info I should provide for help fixing this.

My media converter is called Ubiquiti, the fiber connection is called ufiber. That's how much I know about the fiber.

So the fiber goes through the Ubiquiti Media Converter, and straight to my Amplify router.

This is wired connections. Our TV, pcs, phones, chromecasts and other things is all wireless connected.

Now ... I start Space Engineers .. and can play locally/single-player. But in the second I try to search for a server to play on, my media converter goes heywire, and de-authorize itself from the network. I have to hard-reset the converter to get internet again.

It's actually the only game I've ever noticed have been able to do this.

mtu is steady at 1500

Is there anyone out there, who have had this issue, or can troubleshoot this? I really wanna play on a server, it's getting lonely to play alone lol

Link to the discussion on Steam for help:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/0/3267934519722347721/?tscn=1651672841

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thanks for letting us know.

First of all, please lower the munber of server in Favorites list. You can try either by manually removing them in game, or (and this might actually be the better option), by deleting you SpaceEngineers.cfg file; it means your game configuration will be deleted (so even the favorite list along other preffered settings). You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Also please make sure that your Windows are up to date and there is no update pending.

After doing these steps, and if the issue still persist, please send me a new log. I would need to have the log as clean as possible – just launch SE, try to join a game, and if it fails, immeidately log out and send a log that is produced. In the log you sent, there are more items of concern, so a new clean log that only contains the attempt to log in will help clarify things.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Deleted all logs, and .cfg file.

Restarted, searched for my server ( that I want to play on ) and it consistently happened again! Attaching the newly created log. Hope for a quick fix for this <3

photo

Hello, Engineer,

thanks for doing it and for replying so quickly.

Unfortunatelly, you still have enormous number of filters in the log. Since the deletion of cfg file did not clear it, please do in manually in game: Join game – Favorites – right click on the server name – Remove server from favorites, if you have any there.

Also please make sure you clear the filters: Join game – Advanced – click on Defaults button, so the filters are cleared. Just so you know, you are filtering 5820 servers. That is quite a number. So this clearly can have something to do with this issue happening to you.

Basically you need to have all of these gone from you log. Have it pristine clear, and try to join any server without having it in favorites of filtering it.

Let me know if possible to join to any server after you clear the filter and favorites tab.

If not, please provide another log. Without the filtering :)

Kind Regards

photo

Deleted cfg file again. No filters. No favorites. Consistent killing the net!

new log attached.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Unfortunately, the log is stil full on the filtered servers.

Can you please try to delete your whole Roamning/Space Engineers folder?

Back up the folder on some other location on your PC, so you wan't loose e.g. your saves, blueprints and such. And delete the folder from Roaming file. Once the game will launch, this file and everything inside it will be created anew.

Kind Regards

photo

After deleting the whole Roaming/Space Engineers folder, it start working again. You can close this report, thank you

<3

photo

Hello, Engineer!

That's lovely to hear!

Thank you so much for bearing with me and I'm happy that you are able to play the game again :)

Will close this thread as there is no further action needed from our side.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!