This object is in archive! 

game crashes when loading server list

david torgersen shared this bug 23 months ago
Won't Fix

I am having an issue when trying to load into a server. The game will search for servers for a while then, when the list hits around 1k servers found, the game hard freezes requiring task manager to close. The background continues to play though which is odd.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, David!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Is this something that has just started happening after the recent update? As the game doesn't actually crash and more, freezes there doesn't appear to be an exception or issue shown in the log. I would suggest the following first:

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/S0pvQLtUEgB4NHg6S7dAwhg0g8ZHo8GhRYKRC7wDW1ZSyzG74VZ-EPTEP73aC0s0tqK_Uzopc8HbmErkaxTkBLzELrlbaMB990Afwn2-bm1V8mfmF4hhbAQAD6AnHeByrRLXxqVxZAPTAjtVqw

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

I'd then also like to see if anything show up in your Windows event log viewer if you could please attach this from when it happens if the above does not help.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!