This object is in archive! 

Space Engineers freezes

NichSchlagen shared this bug 23 months ago
Won't Fix

I keep having this freeze or crash. About every 20-30 minutes the game will freeze, I won't be able to move or turn my character, but I can still see drills and grass moving. I can also hear things, but none of the physics are actually working and none of my ships continue moving. Happens with or without mods, experimental or non-experimental mode.

I will attach a log to this report.

The game freezes at the following times:

• 14:07
  • 14:44
  • 15:36
  • 15:45
  • 16:00

Kind regards

NichSchlagen

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, NichSchlagen!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. I note that you say this happens without the use of mods. Although the file you've sent over says no mods, there are a large number of mod errors in this. Can you please supply a logfile from a fresh world that has no mods involved at all? I would also suggest doing the following too if you're still experiencing issues in a fresh un-modded world:

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/5sK3xN8KFZeFJ8REC8nr5m3ekM4N3VXym6-8mnNacv5X7u5zMcCfjt1e1SrnIOiTRUqXudgv2L82fj2-JZqGPN5QbcDTIw0TGpnLx2K7INwme--7NTnzh0Q4H49SPWwZbR7D4eJyV7hdZiSsug

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

This is a log file from a fresh world that has never had mods.

And I went through all these steps before I contacted support.

photo

Hello, NichSchlagen!

Could you please check this? There are a number of mod errors in the log file. Could you please provide a new log?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I looked at the log again myself and noticed that mod errors are always about something called "CubeBlocks". I've searched for them and they seem to be regular vanilla mods.

I created a new world without mods again but the mod errors remain.

I have attached a log

photo

Hello, NichSchlagen!

Does it happen in every scenario? If you look into Task manager / Performance, can you see if there is anything being used at 100% or above average?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

The error occurs randomly, no matter when, no matter where, no matter what.There is nothing to see in the task manager that would be extraordinary.

photo

Hello, NichSchlagen!

Is it possible to provide a log from a crash at all? You mention crashes too and wonder if you have a log of this?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I get this same thing. Have done all the usual checks.

Every time this event appears in the log file there is a ~15sec soft freeze in the game. It doesn't even need to be loaded into an actual map. It will soft freeze in the menus before a map is even loaded.

13:10:22.138 - Thread: 1 -> Sending event to ElasticSearch: Heartbeat

photo

Hello, Engineer!

As this thread is closed, could you please create a new thread with any useful information and a log from when you experienced the issue?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!