PNG too large to publish with a twist Update 1.201

Molten Carnage shared this bug 2 years ago
Reported

Hi,

So we're in update 1.201 and this issue is persisting with an interesting twist. Mind you, I have not had this issue in a very long time, and though I am aware of the work around, the work around is no longer working. When I attempt to edit the thumbnail into a smaller file, the game will overwrite the thumb.png file I just reduced back into it's 1.01Mb version. The game is attempting to publish the blueprint in the temp folder and the blueprint is only being saved to the cloud or the temp folder I just mentioned. Do you have another work around?

Thank

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Molten Carnage!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I have tried to reproduce this by creating a thumbnail in high settings with a lot of trees and mountains in the background but the thumbnail is not causing an issue. Could you please supply a copy of a blueprint in which you are having the issue and I can take a look at that specifically?

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Here you go. I have tried using a reduced screenshot with no alpha channel, but every time I try to publish the build, the game replaces the thumbnail pic. I have even tried using a .jpg instead of a .png but it keeps overwriting the pic I made. Be advised, this build can only be found in the temp folder and is using mods found on the Stone Industries servers.

photo

4K monitor bug return again ? nice..

photo

Hello, Molten!

Thank you for this. Could I please ask which graphical setting you are using and also are you running a 4k monitor as mentioned above? Does this make any difference on a different graphical setting or when not using modded blocks for example?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hey Laura!

I am running at 2K (2560 x 1440) with high settings but with low shadow quality. After setting my graphics to 1080 I was able to publish. But going back to 2560x1440, I get the PNG too large message. Ok well this work around seems to work. Another bug to crush in the next update I guess.

Thanks

photo

Hello, Molten!

Thank you for the information. This is quite interesting as I'm running the same settings on 2560x1440 and I am not having an issue with the size. Are you trying to create a thumbnail in a busy area? I've tried with a lot of grass, trees, and mountains but cannot seem to replicate the issue on these settings.

Could possibly share a screenshot from your graphical settings that cause the issue? Just in case other items are set higher than mine (e.g. grass density etc)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello again Laura!

As you can see in the attached file, the thumbnail is taken in open space with nothing in the background. A little discovery I made is that when I published in screen resolution 1080, it used the 1.01Mb file so it doesn't look like it's a file size issue like the Steam message indicated. Yeah so... I'm scratching my head on this too.

Thanks again

photo

Hello, Molten!

Thank you for the settings and infomration. This is interesting! I have not been able to reproduce it so far but I will keep trying with these settings :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hey Laura.

So what is the custom for a thread this long? Do I owe you dinner or something? All kidding aside, thanks for the assist. I don't know what else to add that might help in solving this issue. For now I will continue setting my resolution to 1920x1080 when I need to publish a build.

Thanks again.

photo

Hello, Molten Carnage!

I appreciate you are using some sort of a work around in that it is a lower setting but it's not solving the issue it's self sadly. I was never able to reproduce the issue and wonder if anything changed for you? Maybe a PC update etc? This is set as need more information and would like to reproduce it and report it ideally instead of it set as such :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Situation persists. No changes to my PC. I am stuck blueprinting with a lower screen resolution. As I've stated, this happens at 1440. My graphics card is a Geforce GTX1070Ti if that helps any.

Thanks for trying.

photo

Hello, Molten!

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue.

We have reported this issue to our internal system.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file