This object is in archive! 

Crash When Placing Bridge Windows (Warfare 2)

jacob eddy shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

Whenever i attempt to place a bridge windows from the warfare 2 pack my game crashes. This does not appear to happen with other blocks and happens regardless of what armor skin is selected

Replies (4)

photo

UPDATE: this is happening with several other blocks from Warfare 2 and Most Wanted update

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for contacting us. I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. I can't see any exception in your logs, can you please attach here a new log right after the game crashes?

Please try also following steps:

• Verify your game files in Steam (Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files)
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (It means your game configuration will be deleted. You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.)
  • Delete ShaderCache folder (same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg)
  • If this won't help, back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers (clean install)
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Let me know if it helped you.

Kind regards

Keen Software House, QA Department

photo

Hi! Thanks for responding,

First off some additional info. i realized my initial post wasn't entirtely accurate the whole game isn't crashing, i am being booted back to the menu after attempting to place any of these blocks.

The more recent log files don't show any exceptions in them.

I get a message that says "Unloading World" and then it attempts to reconnect.

This is happening on a server-hosted world.

I have tried everything in this list but a full game reinstall (That is currently in progress).

photo

Forced an update on hte server and that appears to have fixed the issue!

photo

Hello!

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad to hear that you're no longer experiencing this issue.

I am going to close this ticket now, but please don't hesitate to contact us again in the future if you require assistance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House, QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!