Ship aim desync? Projectiles of weapons fired offset randomly

Wilson Fu shared this bug 23 months ago
Need More Information

Sort of a repost, but my first post was incorrectly posted under the feedback section (please delete it!) And I've done a recording of the bug to better illustrate the issue.

Here I'm shooting a static railgun on a small grid ship while looking through a camera. You can see how the shot does not hit where the laser is aiming at. The first shot offsets left. The second shot offsets right. Both shot were done while the ship was stationary. (in single player, the railgun would hit exactly where the red laser is)c45ce394ee475e9b7e32551e3ae535c8

fd36a00d55a9c66313a1bf935fbf2786

Here's a video link to the recording.

We realized it seem to happen to anyone who isn't host. Here's the combinations we tried:

Singleplayer: No offset problem.

Steam multiplayer: Host no problem. Joiners have problems.

Dedicated multiplayer: Joining as local host have problems. Joiners have problems.

It's ruining ship combat for my buddies I. We are forced to use steam multiplayer, and only 1 person (the host) can properly use his combat ship. The rest can effectively only use AI turrets as we can't hit anything with the offset.

I think it's to do joined clients' ship orientation not syncing properly with the server but I have no idea.

Anyone know why this occurs and or how to solve this?

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Engineer,

Unfortunately we couldn't reproduce the issue you've described. Could you please upload a blueprint of the fighter you're using to mod.io and share a link? It would really help us reproduce the issue.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello support!

Sure! It's been uploaded. Here's the link on mod.io.

Thank you so much for looking into it! It's so odd it occurs even on the host pc locally joining the dedicated server.

photo

Hi Support!

Is there any update you're able to share regarding this issue?

Much appreciated!

photo

Hello, Wilson!

Unfortunately, we still aren't able to reproduce this issue.

May I ask if you are still experiencing the issue? If yes, may I know what the repo rate is (how often is the issue happening), and have you experienced the issue on another server as well?

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I have experienced something similar too. The inaccuracy while stationary usually occurs in lag conditions with massive ships on servers. And rockets have inconsistent launch velocity when launched at a locked ship while moving on servers.

Edit: This bug only appeared after Warfare 2

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file