This object is in archive! 

Space Engineers doesn't start

Marvin Funk shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

Hi,

Always when i try to start Space Engineers there is coming the following Error.

I already consulted your discord server but the help didn't work

I hope you can help me :)

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Marvin,

thanks for reaching our forum with your problem and we are sorry that you are experiencing it.

Please try to following steps:

• Verify your game files in Steam - right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) - you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder - same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If nothing from above would work, can I please get the log from the game if any is created? You can find thse in the Roaming folder as written above. Also log from Windows event viewer would help me. If you are unable to share me any of these, can I get your PC specs?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi, non of the steps worked so I send you the .log datas I found in the Roaming folder and my PC specs:

Processor:   AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor

RAM:          32,0 GB

GPU:          NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

photo

Hello, can somebody help me with this problem?

photo

Hello, Marvin

sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue.

Thanks for the logs, though. I see there two errors that both of them can be origin of your issue.

Kinda sad is that there is no single help-to-all solution. For some players work some fixes/workarounds, for some other, these are not working, but the problem is fixed with something different.

First of all, we would need to sort the "Config file not found!" error. As this file is being created when starting the game and then the game is looking into it when loading. Can you get some e.g. from some friends that you play with? If someone can send you their cfg file, that would get us closer, I guess, as the game would start, at least. When you obtain one, just past it into the SE folder in appdata among the logs and so on. Not into any folder in SE folder.

If this won't work, you can try to run the game in DX9 format, that should at least make it possible to run and to create the cfg file. This can by done by:

Right click on SE on Steam – Properties – Betas – there from drop down menu, select "dx9-32bit". That way you should be able to at least run the game. Please let me know whether this option is working for you.

Are you using desktop PC, or laptop? Do you have one graphic card (RTX 3070 as you are writing) or some integrated card as well? If you have two, please make sure the game is using the dedicated card.

Try to reinstall the .NET and DirectX:

Both can be found here : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist. Or you might find those in Steam SE folder.

Do not uninstall the .NET or DX – just reinstall over.

If nothing from above works, please try to reinstall graphic drivers comletely, not just updading them. It's possible that some (last) update is not installed properly, so reintalling it as whole might fix it.

For one player, also forcing the DirectX verison through Steam worked for him:

To force the game to run dx12, go to Steam, right click on SE – General – find Launch option filed down on that page and write "-dxlevel120".

Please let me know once you try. If you get any further, send me the logs again, so I can see where we moved and what the next step should be. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

photo

Dear all,

I completely reset my computer, installed everything new and now it works perfect.

Many Thanks for your help :D

photo

Hello, Marvin,

thanks for comming back to this thread and leaving the comment with update of you current situation.

Happy to hear you found your way around to fix it and you are able to play the game without issues now :)

As there is no more action needed on our side, I will close this thread as solved.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!