Fix your explosion physics for Missile base weapons

Ryukki shared this feedback 23 months ago
Under Consideration

According to Keen missile explosions should be static and not push/toss stuff. I thought this was a sandbox game that prides itself in physics.

-

Warfare 2 reintroduced fun explosive physics to the warheads and added it to the oxygen and hydrogen tanks. Sadly missile subtype weapons doesn't have this, it is a dull damage sphere thats not a explosive explosion that toss/push stuff away. Instead everything is static and gets damaged within the damage sphere, I don't think this is ideal for a sandbox/engineering game. It is a lot more fun watching stuff get scattered around than watching everything gently floating down when they get exploded.

I made a video comparing the various explosions : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByD6GGdp6oA

Replies (2)

photo

Leave this here because the Most Wanted updated made explosives """explode""" but its really just a dull damage sphere too like missile explosions.

"Added Explosive components as detonatable inside inventories"

photo

missile explosions are better now then they used to be, a few missile hits could send a large ship flying at 100/ms and thats combat over, excessive impulse given to the target, keen liked it due to it being 'looking cool', many people fought long and hard to get this reverted.

photo

Thats because keen has the tendency to set the impulse insanely high, like the gatling gun impulse was 180 which launch players. That was also at the time before PCU limits and rockets could hold a lot more ammo. I modded the gatling impulse like to 30 and its fine. Add SOME not 0 or insane amount or simply allow it so modders can add whatever impulse they would like to their missile weapons. Its so pitiful when I bomb enemy infantry and just gently roll over.

photo

To be fair, a 25×184 round to the face isn't exactly a touch of a feather. This is heavy anti-materiel ammo used in anti-aircraft guns and shipboard CIWS weapons against cruise missiles.

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNIT_25mm-80_Myriad.php

(Not saying those performance values should be taken at face value, but the in-game gatling is still mainly a ship-to-ship weapon, and having armour plates be about as weak as, or even weaker than, player characters would be wrong even for SE standards. So, if anything, those values should still serve as orientation for how scary and impressive those weapons should be.)

photo

Yea, Keen currently set the impulse to 0 for the gatling and auto cannons which means players can get slugged by them but not budge a inch.

In a mod I made I changed those values because I feel like that those weapons should pack a punch against players/npcs. I even made it so that the artillery keen made isn't a point damage over glorified sniper rifle. I actually made it so when it shells targets it does AOE damage. Sadly I can't mod explosion impulse so light weight targets like cars or people get pushed by the explosion force. If they don't want to make the game realistic like they love to say is a selling point of their games. Then at least allow modders to mod it in easily.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file