Turret Controller moves hinges backwards

Johnathan Lea shared this bug 2 years ago
Reported

The custom turret controller moves hinges backwards with default settings.

Recreation:

1. Place a hinge on a rotor's head and build a custom turret controller anywhere.
  2. Set the rotor to be the azimuth rotor and the hinge to be the elevation rotor.
  3. Take control of the turret. Moving the mouse up decreases the hinge angle while moving the mouse down increases the hinge angle.

Expectation:

Moving the mouse in a positive direction should increase the hinge angle and moving the mouse down should decrease the hinge angle.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Jonathan!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. I have been trying to reproduce the issue but am unsure of all the settings you have and how you have set up your toolbar with the (I assume) Helm and Turret Controller. I have not reproduced the issue you mention. Could you please supply a copy of either a blueprint or save file with reliable steps to reproduce the issue? I could do with a bit more information on your setup and result if this is ok :)

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I set up the most basic turret in the attached save. All settings are default aside from assigning the azimuth and elevation rotors in the turret controller.

Hop in the control seat and press 5 to take control of the turret. Move the mouse down. Watch which direction the hinge moves. Now exit control of the turret and use the other controls on the hotbar to decrease hinge velocity. Notice the hinge moves the opposite direction. I would expect moving the mouse down with default settings would decrease the hinge angle by decreasing velocity, but it is instead increasing it.

photo

In case that last one wasn't convincing enough, try this one.

Hop in the control seat and use 7 and 8 to decrease and increase the hinge velocity. Decreasing velocity moves hinge down, increasing it moves hinge up. Intuitive.

Now press 5 to control the turret that still has default settings. Try to look down.

photo
photo

Hello, Jonathan!

Thank you so much for the saves and steps. I have successfully reproduced the issue and reported it internally :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

For manual control if you change the speed modifier in the ctc for elevation to a minus number it should be fine for manual control.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file