This object is in archive! 

Space Engineers not working

Daniele470 shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Hello,

SE it doesn't work, every time I try to start it or the screen stays black I get to the main menu and then crash and force me to close SE from the task manager.

I am attaching the log files I found in% Appdata% / roaming / Space Engineers and a clip I recorded of the problem.

last night it worked then this morning it didn't work anymore.

Best regards.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Daniele470!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

Could you please try the following?

• Add -skipintro into the game launch options
  • e85fc09208b68680cbcd2eda56e923f4
  • Renaming / Deleting "\Steam\SteamApps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Videos" folder

If these two options do not help, can you please try these?

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know how you get on :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I've already tried but it didn't work,

but for some reason today SE it works, it is not the first time that something like this has happened just before Easter.

Could it relate to the process that opens together with the SE (eos overlay renderer)?

photo

Hello, Daniele470!

I'm glad to hear it is now working. It is hard to say what the issue is unfortunately without knowing what has fixed the issue. If this is still fixed, we can close the thread unless this keeps happening? :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

Since there are no new comments in this topic, we are closing this thread.

In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!