This object is in archive! 

Space Engineers won't start

David Csakany shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

David Csakany17 Apr 2022 17:57Good afternoon my name is David Csakany.I have encountered a problem when trying to lunch space engineers.What happens is I launch space engineers then Steam client service message comes up and I click yes (If I click no the game doesn't lunch). Then comes the message of first time set up. After 5 minutes it disappears and the game doesn't launch (If I click the X in the top right corner the game doesn't launch. I have been trying to get the game sorted by restarting steam and the pc and reinstalling the game. I have followed and tried a few of your guides and other people guides to fix it. I was told by one of your guides to send this message
Application: SpaceEngineers.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.BadImageFormatException
Exception Info: System.BadImageFormatException
at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.Main(System.String[])
I am attaching pictures to this email so you can more clearly see.
I hope you can fix this problem soon from you end or if you can let me know how to fix it myself as this is a game I enjoy and always coming back to if leaving at all for a short period of time
Thank you
David Csakany

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, David!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

Can you please try the following?

Please let me know how you get on :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hi, This is David. The suggested steps did not work as I already have it installed and I've read on microsoft's website that uninstalling it is not advised. If that is what you want me to do then I'll go right ahead or if you have any other suggestions I'm open to it.

Thank you

David

photo

Hello, David!

Could you please try the following and let me know how you get on?

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

Since there are no new comments in this topic, we are closing this thread.

In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!