This object is in archive! 

Steam offline

Pete Seymour shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Hi there, I have a reoccuring issue with space engineers where steam goes offline while I still have an online connection its somewhat irregular and means I rarely am able to access blueprints or mods. My world is set to offline but it happens on private too.

I've found old article about this but im really not sure how to fix. I've tried verifying the files as well as reinstalling, the reinstalling worked for hte first time and then dropped again.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Pete!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Firstly, I see you have mods and scripts in your log. We cannot look at files that include these as they can cause a wide array of issues. Please remove these and provide a new log for us to look at.

Secondly, is this happening in Space Engineers only? I ask because this sounds more like a Steam/connection issue rather than Space Engineers. Have you checked firewalls and any anti-virus to make sure there are no conflicts at all?

Our usual steps are the below, however, if this is a Steam issue, it may be worth researching Steam specifically rather than the game in this instance.

• Verify your game files in Steam
  • Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hi Laura, thank you. I will take a look into these steps, i had done some digging and it was being implied about steam cloud being the cause, i now have that disabled but it might still be hanging in there. So deleting the config may help.

I've already tried verifying and reinstalling so I dont think its that.

However it does seem that it is just this game, i have no other issues coming from using steam workshop and i'd say i've used it and other sites like nexus mods a fair amount so it seems localised to this.

Thanks for getting back to me, i'll let you know if I have an update.

photo

Hello, Pete!

It's been a couple of weeks and wondered if you have resolved the issue? I can close this thread if you have done so :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!