This object is in archive! 

You won't let me

Edward White shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

I just started this new account despite having the Space Engineers for some time. I had to find a Title that would let me and only me decide what to type w/o other topics popping up. I have tried and tried to send bugs through my Xbox 1X but I never got a response. There are 2 major problems the game will not let me do and I do not have internet or access to someone elses for the moment. All of these problems are with both Large and Small block grids. #1 - I have a L. Cargo Storage at location A and another one at location B. A line of Conveyer Tubes and Conveyer Sorters, at corners, connect the two Cargo Storages. For some reason I cannot transfer stuff from one to the other. I have also tried to transfer from my ship to my main Cargo Storage by docking my ships Connector to my base's Connector. Same problem. #2 - I tried to set up a more efficient Refinery system so that 1 Refinery is not bogged down by refining Cobalt before it gets to Iron, So, picture this. Assume I'm always face North for the purpose of verbally explaining a visual thing. There is a Main L. Cargo Storage that I dump everything into from when I return from space to my planetary base. I enter, or try to, all resources from the top, because I'm in my ship, connected to the Cargo is a Conveyor Sorter to the North and East. I White Listed the East Sorter to send only Stone, Iron, Silicon, Nickel and Gravel, with the North Sorter I send everything except I Black Listed the stuff that went East. Attached to the 1st N Sorter is another L. Cargo Storage. Connected to the 1st E Sorter is a Refinery to refine the said resources. The 2nd Cargo Storage is set up exactly as the 1st Cargo Storage, except it will now send N resources that were not sent E to the 2nd Refinery setup. My goal was to have multiple Refineries each dealing with a different element so that I am not waiting for Gold to get done to get Platinum. The problem? The Sorters won't do what they're supposed to do

#3 - Not a bug but a wish. I wish the Ejector would work for Large grid builds. Stone builds up so quickly when mining asteroids for resources. I would like to eject Gravel as I mine asteroids. I hope you can respond to my issues, this time

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Edward,

thanks for reaching our forum with your problems are we are sorry that you are experiencing these.

It would be best if you can write one bug at a time to a new ticket, for purpose of our internal work routine. Squeezing three issues into one thread is extremely difficult for us to handle.

The text itself isn't explaining these issues good enough or I just do not understand them fully. Can you please elaborate?

First of all... you said you are playing on Xbox? If that is true, we have another forum page for Xbox bugs. See here.

As for number one - are you sure that there are power sources on the grid(s) with the cargo containers? Containers (and conveyors) also need power in order to work.

Number two - I do not understand this one that much to be honest. Can you maybe supply a save file with the grid with this setting and it would show the bug, so I can see it on my side as well?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

And last but not least - unfortunately there is only small grid ejector at the moment in the game. There is a mod that is adding large grid ejector, if you please. Or if you want it in vanilla game, please use the Feedback/Suggestions form here - designers are monitoring this forum page, so you have better chance there, really.

So to conclude this:

1) if you are Xbox player, use Xbox support page

2) one bug per one thread is always better for us for handing it properly

3) providing as much information, as presicely as possible is always the best way - videos, save files, images - so we can see what is going on, what steps you are taking and to try it and successfully reproduce it on our side

4) for suggerstions, use the Submit Feedback form

Please let me know more about these. Are you Xbox player, will you use the Xbox form as suggested? In that case I would close this thread. If you are playing and experiencing these issue on PC, supply the files as requested, please.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!