This object is in archive! 

Long startup times

Mechaflash shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

When starting up space engineers from Steam, it takes roughly 3 minutes for it to show the image before the intro video. Looking at the logs, there's no specific errors to point to in them, however there is a gap between when the Spaceengineers log ends and when the VRageRender log is created as you can see below. I can confirm the Spaceengineers log immediately starts logging when I hit 'Play' in steam as well. There may be a process hanging or timing out in between that the logs aren't capturing maybe?

1421021ae0bd5e72842231e885a7598a

Replies (7)

photo

Hello, Mechaflash!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Can you please provide a log file from when you experienced this issue? Unfortunately, a screenshot doesn't provide too much information in this instance.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

See attached log files that are generated from %appdata&\SpaceEngineers.

Additional troubleshooting steps taken:

-Performed a Steam 'Verify integrity of game files' check; no issues found.

-Reinstalled Space Engineers through Steam, deleting the AppData folder and the install folder for SpaceEngineers before installation as well.

-Verified Video drivers are up to date.

-Reinstalled Video drivers.

-Ran DirectX redis and verified DirectX is up to date.

-Ran sfc /scannow (it did find some corrupt system files) and rebooted.

None of the above have seen improvements in game startup time.

photo

Hello, Mechaflash!

Thank you. Is this only happening on startup? When you actually start a world or load a world, is this also slow? Do you have the option to try the game on another hard drive at all?

You could also try deleting your appdata folder (after backing it up) and see if this helps at all.

There is also the options below which could possibly speed up a little bit

• Add -skipintro into the game launch options
  • e85fc09208b68680cbcd2eda56e923f4

Do you have this issue with any other games?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Laura,

During my troubleshooting, I've deleted the appdata folder before reinstalling before and that didn't help.

Just tested adding -skipintro to the launch options and that didn't help either. The long wait occurs after hitting PLAY in steam, but before the initial Space Engineers splash art prior to the intro video. I've no issues with any other games, and it's loaded on an M.2 drive. I've tested putting it on my HDD and still the same issue.

photo

It's fine. I've stopped playing the game.

photo

Hello, Mechaflash!

I'm sorry to hear this. I will close this as 'won't fix' but if you decided you would like further help, please create a new thread in the future.

Kind Regards,

Laura, QA Department

photo

Can you change it to "Can't Fix" instead of "Won't" for accuracy? Thanks.

Replies have been locked on this page!