This object is in archive! 

Game freezes Game freezes every 5 - 10 minutes in Space Engineers

Gooseman g shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

So when im in a game every 5 - 10 minutes my game will randomly freeze for around 2 or so minutes and then will unfreeze but things like windturbines, grass, trees, and engine smoke are still animated. This has been happening for around 3 months now (I deleted the game after about a week of this happening and finding no fix. I have just now re-installed the game but the same thing is happening) and I still haven't found a fix. Occasionally this will also happen on the main menu.

I have verified my files, re downloaded VRage.library.dll, Ran memory tests, Re downloaded Space engineers, Updated all of my PC drivers and tried lowering my game settings to the minimum but still nothing has worked.

This started happening around 3 months ago and I was trying to find all sorts of different ways to sort this problem but i found nothing. I downloaded the game again hoping that the problem would have somehow solved its self as time had passed but no, back to square one.

I was speaking with someone from the QA Department when this first started occuring back in January and they told me to do the following:

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) - you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder (same location as above)
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder (so you won´t loose you saves, blueprints and such) and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017

This has been done but it didn't work.

At first I assumed this would be mod related but I ran multiple different servers with and without mods and the issue was still happening. So this leads me to assume it is my game or PC. I don't believe it is my PC as i play all sorts of different games and they all run perfectly fine and I hardly get frame drops or crashes. But at the same time I don't have any idea of how to stop this game breaking issue I am experiencing.

(This was happening pre warfare update as well)

I also shared some of my game logs but I ended up not getting any replies so i assumed they have just forgotten about my problem.

Please any help will be appretiated.

PC SPECS:

i9 9900K

RTX 2070 super

SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB

16GB ram

Replies (7)

photo

I also have freezing issues with this game and tried everything out there I’m actually surprised there hasn’t been a fix for this since it been happening for years I’m disappointed I can’t play this game

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for contacting us. I'm sorry that you are still experiencing the issue. Can you please attach here your newest logs? If it's possible, please try running the game with your Steam account on another PC to see if there's a problem on your PC. Did you modify any of your game files in this folder \Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content? I would also recommend to update your OS. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House, QA Department

photo

The game froze 3 times during this session. It's also a new world with no mods.

photo

can mandem have ansah pls

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you so much for sharing the log file with us.

After examining the log, we found one consistent error "TryChangeToFullscreen failed," which might be the reason for the game freeze. To resolve this ;

If you are in the game, in the main menu at least, you can try to change the resolution and window mode there. Or if you are not able to get to Options – Display Settings from the game, you can try to locate this file on your PC and change the value manually.

For this, go to SE folder in Roaming, by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar, you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\. There you should be able to find a SpaceEngineers.cfg file. You can open in using e.g. notepad. Find line 90 and 92, that says

<Key>WindowMode</Key>

<Value xsi:type="xsd:string">1</Value>

By changing the number in line 92, you can change the Fullscreen setting here manually. It goes like: Windowed 0, Fullscreen window 1 and Fullscreen 2. Save the file and try to run the game.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Gooseman g, Do you still have the problem, I think I have fixed it on my end, I need someone else to test to see if its a fix for them....

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I would like to follow up as this is an present issue. Please see this clip of how the issue looks like: ezgif-5-9419cb1bc0

photo

Hello, did you fix it, I think I have it solved but need someone to help me test if this is really the cause or not....

photo

Sorry im late I havent been on this thread in over a year. I resorted to just factory resetting my PC.

photo

After Update 1.202 Start The same problem. After the last update, periodic freezes in the game began with an interval of 5-10 minutes. Moreover, it freezes even on the main menu screen. Updating the drivers and reinstalling the game with the removal of all tails after the uninstall, setting minimal settings, changing resolution and screen mode did not help.

Windows 10pro

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz

16gb RAM

GeForce® GTX 1660 SUPER™ GAMING OC 6G

Acer KA242Y 1080p 1920x1080 60Hz

photo

Alaurey, I have a question about your hardware set up, are you using wifi to connect to the internet?

photo

Graham. No i use LAN connection.

photo

Hi Alaurey, do you have more than one ethernet cable connected? Other than the one provideing internet? If so remove it. If that does not fix it, and you have a wifi key, connect via wifi, and remove all ethernet cables from the computer during play time.... Windows checks every few minutes to see if anything is coming down the ethernet cables and that is the point at which the freeze is happening... you can see it under resource mointer/Network tab....

Try these, I hope it help, its not your software, its a hardware issue.

photo

well, software, causeing a hardware issue... bloody windows

photo

No, I only have one lan cable going directly to the motherboard. There is no Wi-Fi adapter, neither built-in nor external. Unfortunately, there is no way to switch to WiFi. Well, except for trying to install the Game on a phone or tablet.))) And if so, as you saying, why other games do not show such glitches? Connection is same for all my online games.

photo

Do you use a VPN? if so turn that off, that may be cauesing it, you should be able to see with Space Engineers running and checking the resource moniter when the freeze happens, for me it was a cable that was plugged in and not going anywhere.... I unplug it and no freeze, plug it back in and straight away I get the freeze. Sorry I was not of any help. Also a shame you could not test with a USB wifi key and unplugging the cable....... good luck.

Replies have been locked on this page!