This object is in archive! 

Armor plate collisions too large

Tyrenol shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

Hello KSWH bug team,

Since the last major update (warfare 2) i have noticed that the armor plate collisions have increased in size. Before the warafe 2 update these collisions were smaller.

To show the problem i have made two test setups.

In the first setup (Fig A), the green and red subgrid will be moved with a hinge until they rest on the frame of the testrig, in fig B you can see that the green subgird sits flush with the testrig. In fig C and D you can see that there is a clear gap between the red subgrid and the gray testrig. This is because of the oversized collision on the armor plate.

In the second testrig (fig E) you can see a similar setup but now the red subgird will collide with the side of a plate that is placed on the gray testrig. In fig F you can once again see a flush fit between the green subgrid and the testrig. In fig G and H you can see that there is a clear gap between the testrig and the red subgrid. This is because of the oversized collision on the plate blocks.

To demonstrate that this collision problem doesnt only happen to the square plate blocks but also to the other shapes of plates. I have two pictures as an example.

In fig I and J you can see a hatch that cant close properly because of the broken oversized collisions on the plate blocks. Before the warfare 2 update this hatch sat flush with the armor and fit perfectly (fig K).

I hope its possible to fix this

In the attachments are all pictures refered to, the testrigs and the vehicle with the hatches

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Tyrenol!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Thank you so much for the blueprints and screenshots. I have gone back to a previous release and compared this with the current version. I can see there is a gap that was not there previously. I have reported this internally :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Tyrenol!

This issue will be fixed in v201

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Thanks for the quick response and fix! You guys are the greatest!

Replies have been locked on this page!