This object is in archive! 

Bug: Grouping Custom Turret Controllers breaks configuration

Christopher Mocko shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

I've created a number of Custom Turrets on a single Large Grid. Each functional block has a unique name, including the rotors, hinges, custom turret controllers, weapons, and cameras. I set up each turret one at a time and test them, and they all control correctly. If I turn on the AI, they track targets and engage correctly. Everything is great.

So I put all the Custom Turret Controller blocks into a single group so that I can turn them all on/off, Copy Target, and enable/disable AI using a single hotbar key. Everything works fine until I use one of the hotbar keys to send a command to the group. For some reason, when I send any hotbar command to the group, each of the Custom Turret Controller blocks reassign to control the same rotor and hinge. (I think they all reassign to the rotor and hinge assigned to the first custom turret controller that shows up in the control panel)

For example, I have port, starboard, and dorsal custom turrets. Each block involved has "S", "P", or "D" appended to the end of the block name. I set them all up and test them, and they work. I send a command to the group containing the custom turret controller blocks, and then they are all assigned to use "Advanced Rotor D" and "Hinge D".

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Christopher,

thank for letting us know.

However, this is not happening to me, to be honest.

Sure they do get (wrongly) reassigned, after they are groupped (as you can see here), but from your comment, I guess you know this :) However, once I have them already in the group (and fixed the reassigning once) and using this group from cockpit or by pressing buttons, every Custom turret controller is preserving its settings (CTC 2 – Rotor 2, Hinge 2, Camera 2; not resetting back to CTC 2 – Rotor 1, Hinge 1, Camera1 like after groupping them).

Are you sure the issue is not just the one that they are being reassigned when you are groupping them together? Like the other thread is mentioning. If not, and Custom turret controllers are really reassigning every time you send the signal to them by their group, can you please provide more information? Like video showing this issue and save or blueprint of your grid where this issue can be observed.

That would help me a great deal!

Saves:

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Blueprints:

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thanks in advance for your reply and for providing these files.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I did some testing just now and I am also unable to reproduce the issue with group commands from the hotbar. The game did crash twice during testing, but that may be a different issue. (I gave details on the crash logs, so I won't pester your here)

I still have the issue where they reassign themselves if you select multiple of them in the Control Panel, but that's a known issue with its own bug report. I guess you can consider this one resolved? Maybe a recent update or patch fixed it?

I do appreciate you taking the time to look into this even though it turned into a big nothing-burger. Keep up the bug smashing, we all really appreciate it.

photo

Hello, Christopher,

thanks for comming back to this thread.

As the main issue will be fixed in v201, and you are not able to reproduce the other one, as well as me, I will close this one.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!