This object is in archive! 

Opening chat disables keyboard input

Kilth shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Opening a chat window prevents any further keyboard or mouse inputs to be registered by space engineers, effectively soft-locking the game.

This behavior happens even after game files have been verified by steam, disabling experimental mode, and starting a new save without any mods.

Closing the game with task manager or ALT+F4 and reloading a save allows you to continue as normal, but the problem reoccurs every time a chat is opened.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game fixed the problem temporarily, but after some time the issue has resurfaced.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Kilth!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I have been trying to reproduce the issue and can't seem to replicate any issues. Is the chat window stuck open? Then this stops interaction in game? Obviously, when I use the chat feature, I can only use the window at that time and would need to exit out to do in game things which would make sense. Is it possible to please supply a video of what is happening so we can take a look? :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

As I went to take a video, it would appear that this issue has annoyingly disappeared for now.

But yes, the problem was that chat window would open normally, but not receive any typing, and pressing neither enter nor Esc would exit from it.

photo

Hello, Kilth!

Thank you for letting me know. Would you like this issue closed?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Perhaps it should be closed, as it has solved itself for now.

But just in case this issue comes back in the future, would you have any advice on what else I could provide to be helpful for pinpointing the possible source of it, in addition to taking a video and grabbing logs?

photo

Hello, Kilth!

I will close this for you. If you experience the issue again, I'd recommend providing us another log and possibly some video footage if it helps show the issue and/or a save if it's reliable to reproduce in one at all :)

Ultimately we need to be able to reproduce the issue to report it.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!