This object is in archive! 

Cant start SE with a New graphics card

Dan M shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix
Dan
Hi, I have recently changed my gtx 1050 2gb for a rx 6500 xt 4gb and installed the card drivers but now can no longer start SE. The old Nvidia card had run pretty well in space maps, no so well on planets. The new Radeon card apparrently works as I posted my issue on r/spaceengineers and there were several replies saying that their graphics card of the same model works. I've reinstalled Direct X 11 in case removing the Nvidia drivers caused the issue and tried deleting the config file to generate a new one but so far nothing has worked. Windows 7 and everything was working and stable prior to changing video card.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Dan!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

However, unfortunately, I see you are running Windows 7 and as mentioned on our Steam page, we support Windows 10

I will provide our usual steps (some of which you have tried) which may help you but ultimately, as this is Windows 7 we can not offer more help. Is it possible you can upgrade to 10?

• Verify your game files in Steam
  • Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Thanks for the reply. I've already tried everything upto reinstalling VC Redist and will try that as soon as i can. The reason I thought the issue is with SE and not my pc is that it was working on the exact same win7 setup with a nVidia graphics card and as stated, other users are able to use the same AMD card that i now have. Also, other games listed on steam as using Dx 11 have worked with this new graphics card.

Hopefully I can try the win 10 update over the next few days and will try to leave an answer for anyone else.

photo

No luck with your instructions, still not lauching without the DX 11 error. Starting the backup process to upgrade current pc to win 10.

Replies have been locked on this page!