This object is in archive! 

Game closes on official Server join

Freakyuser396 shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

I have started playing on 2 different Keen Servers (EU1 and UK1) and on both I am unable to join after having built around 2k PCU the day before.

The Game loads, i get the "Server Message of the Day" but then Space Engineers just closes on me.

Replies (2)

photo

Steps that have been tried:

Verifying the installation files through steam

running sfc /snannow and dism (both found no problems)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Is this only happening in the official servers? Or, are these the only two you have tried?

I would try the below as it is more than one server which would lead me to think it is not a direct server issue. I appreciate you have tried one of these steps so far listed

• Verify your game files in Steam
  • Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know how you get on :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello Laura,

Thank you for the troubleshooting steps.

I have deleted the requested files and folder, Updated my System and Drivers, and Reinstalled VC 2017

with that i have done everything except reinstalling the game.

Everything worked fine and i was able to play yesterday.

Today, the same problem arose again.

I will detele the shadercache and .cfg again, and reinstall the game today.

Meanwhile, here would be today´s log

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for this. Just as a quick note, you don't happen to have any firewall or antivirus you could double-check at all do you?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA DEpartment

photo

Hello Laura,

Yes I do have a rather sophisticated firewall, but any ports specified by Steam or Keen are definitely open for the required applications.

Kind Regards, Freaky

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for the information. Is it possible to lower the settings or something similar to test this? It could be an issue with this that is causing this to happen although appreciate you saying these ports are open.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!