This object is in archive! 

Economy Stopping Pirates Encounters From Spawning

Motorsport71 shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

We have a server that we placed all of the planets on manually but afterwards no economy stations or outposts would spawn in. We changed in the Sandbox.sbc <GenerateFactionsOnStart>false</GenerateFactionsOnStart> to true and restarted the server. The stations are spawning in, outposts are spawning on planet surfaces properly, and all contracts and stores are working perfectly. However we are now getting absolutely no Encounters or Cargo ships. The option reverted back to false after the first restart. Does the Pirate PCU get affected by economy? Is there another buried option we need to re-enable to get Pirate stuff to spawn again?

Replies (2)

photo

UPDATE: Pirates are now spawning properly. This is my finding:

So when I changed <GenerateFactionsOnStart>false</GenerateFactionsOnStart> to <GenerateFactionsOnStart>true</GenerateFactionsOnStart> it started out the economy properly. Planet placements, contracts, etc. all began working. Upon the next restart it value defaulted back to false. But there were no Pirates.

Upon doing a count of active factions I found there to be approximately 19 NPC factions started right away. Since the default setting is 15 I increased the number to 25 but there still weren't pirates. Then I then did a PCU count of the stations and they totaled 147k PCU. I bumped up the Pirate PCU to 160k and several encounters showed up right away. But they stopped when the combined Economy Stations and Pirates PCU cap hit the 160k.

So, in short, the Economy stations being forced on via the <GenerateFactionsOnStart>true</GenerateFactionsOnStart> ignore the max 15 NPC factions in the server options and are most definitely using Pirate PCU when spawned. I hope this helps someone.

photo

Hello, Motorsport71,

thanks for letting us know and I'm very glad that you managed to solve this issue on your own!

It's great that you managed to change it properly using the sbc file. Next time you bump into similar issue, it might just be easier to take a look into DS GUI app (if you are running the dedicated server, and not only MP in Lobby mode from the game itself), and change the PCU limit here in this tab - you can even change whether the limit is counted globally, per player, per faction etc.

ccb3f4837f498e6505d62a6fa581068d

Anyway... great that everything is working properly for you and your friends on the server!

Will close this thread as Solved as there is no more action needed from our side.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!