This object is in archive! 

Game often minimizes itself

jglenn1562 shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

Hello,

I have recently started to encounter a frustrating problem with the game minimizing itself. I saw another similar report here, but it was reporting that the game crashes soon afterwards. My game hasn't crashed from this (yet).

Might not be related, but this happens often when I'm in the control panel interface.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, jglenn1562,

thanks for letting us know.

Can you please share more information?

When is this happening? What are you doing in the game? Are there any special steps you take before the game minimazes?

Is it happening on multiple saves/worlds, or just on one? Are you experiencing this issue for longer period of time or it just started now? Does this happen only when in game, or in main menu as well?

Are you using any mods on the affected save(s)? Or does this happen on vanilla (without mods) game as well? If modded, can you try to reproduce it on world without mods? Is this issue persistent - meaning when you do the same thing, it end the same way - or is it random?

You can try these in order to fix it on your side:

• Verify your game files in Steam - right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) - you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder - same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder (so you won't lose e.g. you saves) and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know if anything above worked for you. If not, thanks in advance for providing the information I asked.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Ondrej,

This is all that I know/can answer at the moment, I can follow up with another response once I gather more info.

As of right now, the minimization seems to happen at random, sometimes while I'm in the control panel, other times while I'm just placing blocks. The save is a creative game in which I am currently building a big, large-grid ship.

This problem has only occurred in the creative game mentioned above. I did have a vanilla, creative game before this one, and I never encountered this issue in that save. The minimization issue seemed to have started recently, I have clocked in a good number of hours in the save before the game started minimizing itself. The game has never minimized itself while I was in the main menu.

I do have some mods in the save that I've experienced issues in. Here they are, in this load order:

Text HUD API, BuildInfo, Modular Encounters Systems, AiEnabled (I hardly use this mod, I spawn a bot occasionally to test its navigation capabilities in the ship I'm building; the game has not minimized while a bot was spawned), Surface Occupation, Air Traffic (I'm building in space, so I have not encountered any grids handled by the Surface Occupation or Air Traffic mods yet, so I don't think they'd be linked to when my game minimizes), Space Just Got Real, Suppress Vanilla Cargo Ships, Suppress Vanilla Encounters, Film & Game Music, and one local music mod I made for the sound block/jukebox).

I will remove the mods from the save, since they should have no impact once removed, or at least that's what I think, and try to reproduce the issue.

I will also take the steps mentioned above, and see if anything changed, and report back with an answer soon.

photo

Hello again,

Here's the follow-up I mentioned that I'd do. I have performed every single step you mentioned to attempt a fix on my end, and seems like it worked! I played in that save a couple times since my last response, and the application has not minimized itself yet, even with the same mods running. I guess something eventually got corrupted? I'm not sure.

Thank you very much!

photo

Hello, jgleen1562,

thanks for comming back and for letting me know on your update! I´m happy game is working for you again without issues.

Will close this thread.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!