This object is in archive! 

Voxel Related Crash

Ben Stryker shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

Repeated crashes while on a dedicated server, using experimental version, crash occurs both with mods and without mods loaded

Below is the relevant section of the log file:

2022-03-22 09:34:00.124 - Thread: 1 -> Exception occurred: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)

at Sandbox.Engine.Voxels.MyVoxelGeometry.Intersect(Line& localLine, MyIntersectionResultLineTriangle& result, IntersectionFlags flags)

at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyVoxelBase.GetIntersectionWithLine(LineD& worldLine, Nullable`1& t, IntersectionFlags flags)

at Sandbox.Game.SessionComponents.MySectorWeatherComponent.IsPositionSafe(Vector3D& position)

at Sandbox.Game.SessionComponents.MySectorWeatherComponent.ApplyParticle()

at Sandbox.Game.SessionComponents.MySectorWeatherComponent.UpdateAfterSimulation()

at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.UpdateComponents()

at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Update(MyTimeSpan updateTime)

at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.UpdateInternal()

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunSingleFrame()

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedLoop.<>c__DisplayClass11_0.<Run>b__0()

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunLoop()

at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)

at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.Main(String[] args)

In this game, I dug a base into the side of a mountain on the earth-like planet. I have noticed when first logging onto the server after it has been restarted that the mountainside I have removed is visually restored to to before I began drilling. The collision is the same as when I disconnected from the server, and it takes approximately 5 minutes before the visual corrects itself and shows the removed mountainside.

Attached is the most recent crash log.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Ben!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I appreciate this happens in modded and un-modded situations. We would need to look at a log from an un-modded world with the crash to be sure the mods aren't causing any issues. Please provide a mod-free log and we can take a look a this for you :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I found the issue, it was a weld table created by another player, they had 6 welders attached to a rotor under a armor plate landing platform to auto-repair their ship, and they never turned it off.

No more index out of range crashes since they stopped it, I'm guessing the backlog of block updates from the past week or so was more than the server could keep up with and causing the crashes.

photo

Hello, Ben!

Thank you for letting us know! :) I'm glad it has since stopped

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!