This object is in archive! 

MY GAME CAN'T SAVE { complete game breaking bug}

james LaFlash shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

SO I CAN MAKE A SAVE AND PLAY BUT WHEN ANY THING TRYS TO SAVE THE GAME I GET A error CODE AND LOG AND SO I HIT OK AND IF I LEAVE THE GAME ALL I GET IS SAVE OF THE WORD SET UP / THE MOD THAT ARE ON AND STUFF HERE ARE THE LOGS AND STFF

Best Answer
photo

ok after going through and uninstalling it by hand instead of letting steam do it

and reinstalling it works

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, james,

thanks for letting us know.

Can you please share more information? Especially log from the affected game would be great! Also can you share the error text/screenshot of the said error?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Does this issue start to happen just recently, or you are experiencing it for longer time period? Are all your saves affected the same way, or some are working without issues, while others are suffering with this?

You are mentioning mods, however. Is the behavior same when you are playing vanilla (without any mods) game? Can you try, please? Run the game completely without any mods and try the same steps. Is the game saving to you properly like this?

If still no and you are unable to save even game without mods, you can try some of these:

Verify your game files in Steam - right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) - you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder - same access as above

Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it

Restart Steam

Reinstall VC Redist 2017

Update graphic drivers

Reinstall the game

Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Any more information, files etc you can share would help me as well to try to pinpoint this issue.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

OK STILL HAPENS WHEN I HAVE NO MODS ON

I DID TRY BOTH REINSTALLING THE GAME AND VALIDATING THE FILES

I DONT NO WHAN IT STARTED TO DO THIS

AND HERE ARE THE LOGS

AND IT IS I HAVE SPASE ON HARD DRIVE

photo

ok after going through and uninstalling it by hand instead of letting steam do it

and reinstalling it works

photo

Hello, James,

thanks for letting me know! I´m happy it´s working for you again.

Will close this issue.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!