This object is in archive! 

Main grid suddenly creating sub-grid

Wave shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Hello,

Yesterday I started to create something, I saved the game, came back today and now when I add a block on my grid, the blocks are created on a sub-grid.

Blueprint published on mod.io : https://spaceengineers.mod.io/hybrid-vehicule-in-progress

See attachment.

Thanks for your help

Wave

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Wave,

thanks for letting us know about this issue!

Unfortunatelly, I´m not able to reproduce it on my end.

While the grid shared in blueprint has some of the blocks visually disconnected as on image, they get fixed and connected properly (without these seems/edges) with the rest of the grid once deleted and put back again.

It´s really just visual disconnection, as you can try e.g. when putting button on the "disconnected" block and enter the control panel. You can see every other block on the grid properly, not showing like they are on the sub-grid. You can also try to move the grid around (fly/drive it) and the blocks will stay on the spot, not falling apart from the grid - that would happen if they would be physically disconnected.

Also unfortunatelly your reproduction steps (save - load) do not work on my end. Everything is working fine after loading back to the world and continue building on the grid.

Does this issue happen to you for the first time? Only on this one grid? It would be great if you can find reproduction steps that work on multiple grid across multiple games/saves.

Please let me know if there are any more information you can share.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Ondrej,

Thanks for your feedback. I loaded the blueprint today and I didn't get the issue.

I will try to reproduce it.

Best regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!