This object is in archive! 

Crash to desktop

Ryan Atwell shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

Playing on NA#4, username Ryogenic. Created asteroid base near earth-like. Cannot login to server, crashes to desktop right after server MOTD pops up. A friend was able to kill my player character in-game which allowed me to join again. However, after joining and playing and logging off, again I am crashing to desktop. Reinstalled game twice, and on a different hard drive. Deleted appdata files as well, no result.

Replies (5)

photo

I was experiencing this issue all day and I was finally able to join NA#4 again after simply joining NA#5 for a few seconds, disconnecting, and then joining NA#4 successfully.

photo

Hello, Ryan!

Sorry to hear you were experiencing this issue. From your update is it safe to say that this issue is now resolved?

Please let us know and we can close this if required :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

No this issue is not resolved :(

Game doesn't crash when reconnecting immediately after server restart. However, if I leave my spaceman overnight, I can't rejoin NA #4.

To resolve this issue for the third time now, I opted to join NA #5. I quit to main menu upon reaching the spawn selection screen, and then attempted to join NA #4 only to crash to desktop. It wasn't until I joined NA #5 and spawned in an earth-like respawn drop ship, let my character hit the ground and die, then quit to main menu that I was able to join NA #4 and spawn in on my medical room like normal. My character also did not survive inside the cockpit overnight, despite the fact that I still have 500k ice, 15 uranium ingots, and several o2 generators all functioning. My refinery processed ore all night so the base is O.K.

So the game does consistently crash when I join NA #4 unless I spawn in and die in another server first. I have no base or play time on NA #5, but I have over 10,000 PCU used on NA #4.

photo

Hi thanks for reading, hope I'm helping despite just giving a written description. Just wanted to say I got some advice from players in NA #5 to delete the shadercache folder inside spaceengineers game folder, and disable shader cache in steam settings which ultimately solved the issue and I could again join NA #4. I had to try this after the original bandaid of joining NA #5 no longer worked and I was crashing on joining over and over. Apparently it has something to do with building on top of or inside asteroids. Thanks again I love what you are all doing. :)

photo

Hello, Ryan!

Thank you for providing further information. I believe with your further update the issue is now resolved? I will close this if this is okay with you :) Hopefully, this will be useful to any others experiencing the same issue :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!