Transferring components for build planner takes multiple tries

David Rickard shared this bug 2 years ago
Reported

Often when I am transferring components for a build planner to my welding ship, it will tell me that it couldn't transfer some number of components. But when I just press the button again, it grabs them without issue. It had the components all along, it just needed another button press. It wasn't producing the blocks either.

I have a feeling this is related to why it will tell me "Couldn't transfer 20 Computers, 12 Computers".

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, David!

Sorry to hear you experienced this issue. This is not something I have come across, is it possible to supply a save file where you're experiencing this issue? Is this offline or on a server? Are you running any mods at all? If so, can you please disable them and try this without them?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I've attached the world save. To repro:

1) Hop in the cockpit that's in front of you

2) In the left pane show connected inventories and search "ws2c"

3) In the right pane show connected inventories and search "beta"

4) Press the "transfer components" button.

This takes about 4-5 clicks for it to work. But all of the materials are already ready; you can check the Production tab. What's interesting is that if you move all the components back to the right pane, then re-do the transfer, it works in one click. I'm guessing it's because the needed components are scattered across multiple assemblers.

photo

I believe this could happen when you've got components in multiple containers, and what you're trying to draw with the build planner is partially found in one of the containers, and so you get what you can out of that, but then it stops there and doesn't check for more components in any other container. It just tells you the container it drew from doesn't have everything you need and you're still missing blablabla. Once you hit the button again, it finds more components in other containers and successfully draws them out.

It often happens to me as well, and this is my not-exactly-confirmed theory on the matter. But it could help with reproducing the issue

photo

Hello, David!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

We have successfully reproduced this issue and reported it internally.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file