This object is in archive! 

Game won't open fully and won't close.

Austin shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

I go to Steam and try to launch the game but nothing happens. Task manager shows it running but at a low data usage. I don't get any errors or notifications of any kind. I can't even close it. Hitting stop on Steam does nothing and neither does ending the task on Task Manager. It's the only Steam game I have this problem with.

Best Answer
photo

Hello, Austin!

Thank you for this and sadly, it really doesn't show anything happening. This will be a possible fix but I haven't seen your Windows event viewer log but a few people have had the issue with the game not starting properly and fixed it by one of the two options below which are easy to try and may solve the issue for you so would recommend these two first :)

• Add -skipintro into the game launch options
  • e85fc09208b68680cbcd2eda56e923f4
  • Renaming / Deleting "\Steam\SteamApps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Videos" folder

After this, I would suggest trying the following which take a little longer:

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know how you get on with this

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Austin!

Would it be possible to supply a log file from when this happens? We can see if anything show up. If nothing shows up, it might be worth letting us have a look and your windows event viewer log but we'll start with the Space Engineers log :)

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Where in the SpaceEngineers file is the specific log and how should I post it?

photo

Hello, Austin!

It'll say something for example like 'SpaceEngineers_2xxxxxxxxxxxx' (a lot of numbers)

If you open it, you'll see '1 -> Log Started' so you'll know it's right. It's also timed and dated.

You can just attach it here.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Ok thank you. Here it is.

photo

Hello, Austin!

Thank you for this and sadly, it really doesn't show anything happening. This will be a possible fix but I haven't seen your Windows event viewer log but a few people have had the issue with the game not starting properly and fixed it by one of the two options below which are easy to try and may solve the issue for you so would recommend these two first :)

• Add -skipintro into the game launch options
  • e85fc09208b68680cbcd2eda56e923f4
  • Renaming / Deleting "\Steam\SteamApps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Videos" folder

After this, I would suggest trying the following which take a little longer:

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know how you get on with this

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

It's working now! I did the first option and verified the game files and one of the two worked. Thank you very much for the help. I'm very happy to be able to play again.

photo

Hello, Austin!

Amazing news :) Have a lovely weekend and happy playing!

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!