You are able to preview a large cargo container from Industrial DLC without owning it

Famous5000 shared this bug 2 years ago
Reported

There's a couple of easy steps to do this, least on a vanilla world with 0 mods enabled.

1: Have a large grid

2: Select the large cargo container while in small grid place mode

3: Move your cursor to the large grid

Expected result: It should switch to the large grid large cargo container

Actual result: You are swapped to the Large Industrial Cargo Container.

Found this originally in my modded save, created a new save to verify this is without mods.

Even with the ability to preview the thing in the world, you can't actually place it down.5be4697fde8aa24e56d87120ba42890d

Attached is the screenshot in-game of the block being place-able, and next is an image with a mod called "BuildInfo" showing that I indeed do not have the Industrial DLC: image {over 1 megabyte annoyingly so had to post it as an imgur link}

Mild bug, doesn't need to be fixed right away as you can't build it if you don't have the DLC anyways.

Best Answer
photo

Hello, Daniel!

Thank you so much. It was the mouse wheel that change it for me, once I introduced that I saw the issue right away! I have successfully reproduced the issue and reported it internally. Thank you both for the help, I apologise it took a little while :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Famous5000!

Thank you for the report. When I tried this, I could not get this to happen (please see attached video) am I doing something wrong? I believe I followed all steps correctly (hopefully) Any further information would be a great help :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Alright, so my email reply did go through, here's a video of me doing exactly the steps required to get the bug to reproduce. This is the same world I was able to perform this in vanilla, with the only mods being HUD addons. https://youtu.be/fEskHtSTCmQ

Edit: If you want faster communication with me, I am in the KSH discord as Famous5000#8968

photo

Hello, Famous5000!

It should be there now! Although you have a mod that is HUD related, can you please test this with zero mods? We have to verify issues without any mods at all. It seems I was doing a similar thing to you (please see the video) but I cannot seem to reproduce the issue so far.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

That is really weird, yeah I did just now see the video you sent and that is exactly what I was doing... It might have to do with the fact that I have the plugin loader loaded and combined with multi-grid projectors, let me see what happens if I disable the plugin manager temporarily for this.

photo

All plugins disabled {plugin loader included}, all mods disabled, and doing what I did in the video does what it shows in the video. This is either a bug with my SE files or an actual bug within the game. I'm doing a validation of my files to ensure it's not the former.

EDIT: Validation was successful. My files are matching the steam's release version. I am not on the experimental branch.

EDIT 2: If it helps, I did this in a mostly blank world starting from Solar System, with the only thing extra spawned was a large grid {that large cargo container}

photo

Before I head off, I should also note that I have 2 other DLC's: Decorative and Economy. I don't think that would cause the bug but if it does then there's the problem. Any post you send I'll likely see in a few hours.

photo
photo

I hope this actually goes through, but when I checked via my phone, there was no video attached? I'll see about sending my own video demonstrating what it is, it should be really simple to reproduce is the thing...

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

photo

Hi Keen Team!

I did more testing with Famous5000 and I found the exact steps.

STR :

1 - Remove Heavy Industry DLC.

2 - Open the G menu and type in "container"

3 - Add the container block with "+" icon to character toolbar.

4 - Select the large Cargo container / large block to have in hand.

5 - Hit the container toolbar key a second time to switch to small blocks.

6 - The small block large Cargo container will be in hand.

7 - Aim at the station floor / large block.

8 - Noticed you now have the Heavy Industry large Cargo container in your hand.

Note : I can't place the block because I don't have the DLC but I can change to normal Cargo by using MMWheel.

Have the Small block Large cargo container in hand, aim at the station floor so to auto-switch to large Heavy Industry Cargo :

499b995ee6f886733ba905bc4aff0358f920b8c32f34ac2702ceb2396ce2edc8

photo

Hello, Daniel!

I really appreciate the steps but I cannot seem to replicate this issue. I have tried the steps multiple times but for me, it is not happening. Could you possibly show a video? I appreciate you've provided the steps but as I say, I have been unsuccessful in reproducing it sadly.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hi, Laura

Here is a short video that shows the "bug".

photo

Hello, Daniel!

Thank you so much. It was the mouse wheel that change it for me, once I introduced that I saw the issue right away! I have successfully reproduced the issue and reported it internally. Thank you both for the help, I apologise it took a little while :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Laura K, I'm not sure if you've narrowed down the exact cause, but I believe this is an off-by-one error or list sync issue and is not specific to the cargo container. There is a near identical bug with placing a connector when your focus hits a small grid, it switches to an ejector, so when your focus is back to a large grid, there is no equivalent, you have to cycle through the options to get back to the connector. The same is true of the conveyors, but it's much more difficult to describe, so I made a video demonstrating it.

https://youtu.be/XjQPokfDYNI

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file