This object is in archive! 

Game Freezes

Alfred Andersen shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Hi,

Im having problems with my game freezing for a couple minutes while playing. Im running my game on the medium settings preset but i've also had the problem in low settings. I have had this bug happen both in multiplayer and singleplayer.

How to reproduce:

I started a local offline star system game with default settings and no mods. Then I spawned in a mars drop pod and waited until my lander was just about to hit the ground and then it froze for around 2 minutes. This isn't the only way to reproduce the issue. It tends to happen roughly every 10 minutes no matter if you are moving or not and if you are in a menu or not.

Here's a link to the workshop where I have published the world from a save right after the freeze:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2779510908

Attempts to fix:

I updated my graphics driver the 13-03-2022 to the newest version and this fixed the issue until 14-03-2022 where it started recurring.

I have also read in a guide from the internet to replace my VRage.Library.dll with the file from the Mod SDK but this didn't have any effect.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Alfred!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Thank you for the save file but I'm afraid I did not face any issues with it. Could you please supply a logfile from when you experienced the issue so we can take a look at this to see if it is something your side rather than with the specific world? You have mentioned this is happening in a few scenario types which points less to a particular save issue.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I had to redo the scenario but I did the exact same thing and it happened again.

I have attached the new log file.

photo

Hello, Alfred!

Thank you for this. Nothing is sticking out here. I would suggest doing the following:

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know how you get on with this :)

Kind Regards

laura, QA Department

photo

Hello,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated. In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!